Creating shortcut to access voice mail

funkdore

Reaction score
A newbie (former BB) user. Need to create method for dialing voice mail and having pauses, then code. Like I had with the BB. I could create a new contact but don't know how to program the pauses into a phone number.
Thanks for any help with this

griz8791

Reaction score
A newbie (former BB) user. Need to create method for dialing voice mail and having pauses, then code. Like I had with the BB. I could create a new contact but don't know how to program the pauses into a phone number.

Do you mean Verizon voice mail or your company voice mail? I ask because, for reasons unknown, long press on the numeral 1 is getting me into my Verizon voice mail AND entering the password. I didn't set it up and apparently there is no long-press functionality on any other digit than the 1 key.

OP
F

funkdore

Reaction score

Do you mean Verizon voice mail or your company voice mail? I ask because, for reasons unknown, long press on the numeral 1 is getting me into my Verizon voice mail AND entering the password. I didn't set it up and apparently there is no long-press functionality on any other digit than the 1 key.
Sorry, I wasn't completely clear. My Verizon voice mail requires a password that I have to manually insert. I want to create a contact where it dials into my voice mail, pauses long enough to hear the pickup and then automatically inserts the code, have a pause, and then input "1" to play the first message.
I also have a business answering service where I phone in and need the same kind of pauses and automatic insertion of password and command to play the first message. Also need same capability for home line voice mail. I need to do these because I spend a lot of time driving and CANNOT be pressing buttons while I drive.

triguy

Reaction score
Shortcut

A friend who works for Verizon has shown me how to do this several times. Go into your Contacts list and find the Voicemail contact. Tap Edit the contact on the menu and enter the following:
After the *86 add a Pause.
After the Pause add your 4-digit pin or password.
The contact once saved will look like this:
*86,1234 where the comma is the pause and '1234' is your pin.
You can also add #1 to make it shoot straight to your new messages. So the final contact in my phone looks like this:
*86,1234#1
Try it out.

ckaram

Reaction score
You can also do this from "settings", then "voicemail settings", then add the pauses and your code as indicated above! This allows it to dial your code when you get the voicemail icon on your home screen at the top.

Reaction score
Why not just use the visual voicemail app?

Are you wanting to change greetings and stuff like that?

ckaram

Reaction score
That app says 2.99 per mo subscription fee if I recall correctly....

Reaction score
Oh really? I didn't notice that one. Might have to unsubscribe from that one. That should be free.