Creating Icons for new folders

CyberEd55

Reaction score
Was wondering if someone can help me out. I made some folders on my phone to combine multiple apps into one folder (utility folder, misc, etc, etc) and I want to change the default icon (the folder) to something else. How would one go about doing this?? Thank You in advance...

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you have to be rooted and then edit folder icons in the launcher apk your using.

if your using the stock launcher you would need to edit /system/app/Launcher2.apk in that file you will need to edit/change /res/drawable-hdpi/ic_launcher_folder.png and /res/drawable-hdpi/ic_launcher_folder_open.png with the new images.

if your using another launcher like launcherpro and adw launcher you would need to edit the same file's within those apk's.

you only have two folders that you can edit. one for a closed folder and one for the open folder you wont be able to have a folder for music, apps, games, media ....ETC. The only way to do that is to use some sort of application sorting app.

PARick

Reaction score
Or, you can use Folder Organizer in the Market. I icons are better.

OP
CyberEd55

CyberEd55

Reaction score
I am rooted running Ultimate Droid Froyo extreme 7.0 w/ChevyNo1's 1.1 lv kernel and WatermarkD 3.4 theme. I made several folders for multiple apps and thought it would be neat to change the generic looking folder icon to a custom icon but guess that is not an option. Thanks for the reply....

Mauloa

Reaction score
Homescreen Folders

I added a folder on my homescreen of my son's football schedule and I would like to change the standard FOLDER icon, how can I do that?