Anyway to change the Shorcut Folder Icon to something else?

Reaction score
If I added a folder as a shortcut. Anyway to change the Shorcut Folder Icon to something else?

thanks

Sleeve

Reaction score
There's a nice free app called App Organizer. Works a little different from folders. You put your apps into categories first, then you can put category icons on your home pages. Easy to put an app into more than one category if you want.

OP
S
Reaction score
yes thanks I had that installed and wasnt sure if it was slowing me down so I uninstalled it and created my own folders and put app shortcuts within. i just want a little eye candy for the folders. not sure how to do that but thanks for your info!!

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also interested.. is there an app to just change the folder icons? I'm sure I've just overlooked this...

liquidzoo

Reaction score
I may have found a way to do this, but I need to do some testing first.

The way I can think of would require rooting for now, but if I can get it working with Launcher2 (or make my own Launcher3...) then we could install it without root required.

The default folder icons, I think, are in res/drawable-hdpi/ inside launcher.apk. They're called ic_launcher_folder.png and ic_launcher_folder_open.png

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Apps Oranizer is the way to go. Completely customizable icons. Works same as folder do (adding multiple icons in one spot).
Very easy to set up.

pockets

Reaction score
I really lika apps organizer. Plenty of diff folder icons and option of app type

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really lika apps organizer. Plenty of diff folder icons and option of app type

you can also use icons from any icon pack you have installed, you're not limited to the icons that are built in to Apps Organizer.

just a hint. if you have an Apps Organizer shortcut on your home screen... you must remove the shortcut and re-add it to reflect changes made to the icon selected. in other words... if you change the icon of an existing shortcut it won't refresh itself. it will still show the old icon until you re-add the shortcut

pockets

Reaction score

you can also use icons from any icon pack you have installed, you're not limited to the icons that are built in to Apps Organizer.

just a hint. if you have an Apps Organizer shortcut on your home screen... you must remove the shortcut and re-add it to reflect changes made to the icon selected. in other words... if you change the icon of an existing shortcut it won't refresh itself. it will still show the old icon until you re-add the shortcut

Care to suggest a icon pack

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Care to suggest a icon pack
Just search 'icon pack' in the Market, download and look, that's what I did...there aren't any good previews in Market. It's easy enough to download and uninstall.

Bettercut is an option, but Apps Organizer is free.