[Crazy Deal] Sprint Offering $100 AmEX Gift Card With Every Smartphone Buy & Contract

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sprint-amex-crazy-deal.png

This one isn't a Verizon offer, but we figured you guys would like to see what's out there, and it might be useful to your friends or family members. There's an amazing online only deal over at Sprint. For a limited time only, from August 14 through August 26, Sprint is offering a $100 American Express Reward/Gift Card for free with the purchase of any smartphone along with a new two-year agreement. They are also waving their usual $36 dollar activation fee. This deal even includes their premier phones, like the Samsung Galaxy S III and others. Here are a few more details,
But the offer ends on 8/26 so don't wait!

• Valid during 8/14-8/26, online only
  • Requires 2-year Agreement and new line of service
  • Account must be in good standing for 30 days to recieve card
  • Card mailed automatically to your billing address
  • Check your card's status at 800-297-7327 or americanexpress.com/reward
This is a pretty sweet deal, effectively making some of these phones free, or at least really cheap. Here's a link below for you to check it out yourself!

Source: Android.net via Sprint

npro1464

Reaction score
Might actually consider giving VZ my ETF and going this route, though I'd still rather not have to sign another contract at all. If I consider this $100 off it, my ETF would be $120, minus whatever I can get for my Thunderbolt from Craigslist. Worth considering, IMO..

Anyone have Sprint in Central NJ? Is the service REALLY that bad? If you had to choose, Galaxy S3 or the Evo 4G LTE?

Last edited:
OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That would be awesome if Sprint had better coverage =D

It's funny you say that because we have editors on staff that have been with Sprint for years, and even lived in small rural towns without ever having Sprint "coverage" issues. Perhaps that is simply a myth from the past that people keep perpetuating because it's a habit to bag on Sprint.

(Keep in mind, I am referring to cell phone coverage. Their data network is mostly 3G and includes the now defunct WiMAX, which is pretty weak. However, our insider sources have been sharing that Sprint's 4G LTE rollout is proceeding ahead of schedule. Also, apparently, Sprint is upgrading their data network in such a way, that when the switchover to Advanced-LTE happens in a couple of years, they will actually be ahead of the rest of the carriers, including VZW. Just FYI)

Last edited:

TatDroid

Reaction score
And to all the Apple fans who like to argue "the only reason Android sells more is all those cheap Android phones", I say: Check out the CURRENT GENERATION, iPhone 4S on Sprint - marked down to $149, PLUS a $100 gift card. Now compare your $49 current iPhone to the price for some of the best selling Android phones: like the S3, or the Razr Maxx. I'd say there are many drivers other than price that are driving Android sales these days!

TatDroid

Reaction score
Now that iPhone sales have started dropping WAY off 6 months before a new release - rather than 3 months before, as had been the case in the past - Apple (along with their US carriers) find themselves in the desperate position of competing with Android with the only weapon they currently have at their disposal - price. A very slippery slope, indeed. And one that is counter to everything Apple has stood for up until this point.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's funny you say that because we have editors on staff that have been with Sprint for years, and even lived in small rural towns without ever having Sprint "coverage" issues. Perhaps that is simply a myth from the past that people keep perpetuating because it's a habit to bag on Sprint.

(Keep in mind, I am referring to cell phone coverage. Their data network is mostly 3G and includes the now defunct WiMAX, which is pretty weak. However, our insider sources have been sharing that Sprint's 4G LTE rollout is proceeding ahead of schedule. Also, apparently, Sprint is upgrading their data network in such a way, that when the switchover to Advanced-LTE happens in a couple of years, they will actually be ahead of the rest of the carriers, including VZW. Just FYI)

Their service is pretty horrible here.