cracked screen :( HELP PLEASE

LadiSantana

Reaction score
Phone fell and screen cracked .. found some sites that will fix it for 180.. is that reasonable? If not, does any one know where I can get it fixed?? Help plz..

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Sorry for your troubles. That seems a little high, but probably around the right price since the phone is so new. Might find a better deal somewhere around town, there are places all around me that will fix an Iphone screen for 40 bucks, though that phone has been out much longer.

Might be able to find someone that has a bad phone but the screen is good and buy it cheap off Ebay?

Last edited:

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
180 is reasonable for a device so new. Just make sure it is a reputable place

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

OP
L

LadiSantana

Reaction score
Thank you for the info .. I never thought of going on ebay to check for a screen ... ill try and see if I can find something .. if not ill pay the 180 .. thanks again

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Phone fell and screen cracked .. found some sites that will fix it for 180.. is that reasonable? If not, does any one know where I can get it fixed?? Help plz..
I suggest you contact Samsung , you can find the number on Samsungs website, they are located in Texas, I believe their price is about the same to get the screen replaced, and it will be done by the manufacturer, also next time, go buy a $10 TPU case Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories , it will save you lot's of heartache.

BobDog437

Reaction score
That sucks! A friend of mine's broke his RAZR Maxx screen, when his dog knocked it out of his hand. He paid $300 for the replacement, which I thought was outrageous. He thought he had insurance, but....not so much. I have insurance, as I have fumbled, more than once. So far, I have been lucky. $180 sucks, especially for such a short useage. But, better than paying the price of the new phone. Sorry

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Iirc, I think Samsung will replace the screen for roughly the same price, at least from what I've heard of their other devices. Considering the s4 is a newer device they may charge more but you'd have to call to confirm of course. $180 seems like a reasonable price, how's the turnaround time? I know if you go through the manufacturer it can take up to 2 weeks I've heard.

mike4410

Reaction score
Insurance would still cost her/him $100 and you can only use it two times I think, better bet is to send it to Samsung and have them replace the screen.

Not to mention the price you pay per month over the years. Insurance is a scam.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's the reason I canceled mine had been using it for over ten years and never used it, you do the math.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jseah

Reaction score
I never used to have insurance, but now that I have to pay full retail for phones in order to keep unlimited data, I signed up for insurance on all my lines. At $7 a month and $100 deductible, it comes out cheaper than having to pay $650 for a replacement device.