Couple more questions, if ya all don't mind

LarryE1946

Reaction score
I have my contacts sync'd with my Gmail contacts which were brought in from my iPhone. There's all different kinds of formatting of the numbers. For example some are formatted with the area code in ( ) some have - between the numbers and some have the number 1 in front of the area code. Should I go through and re-format them all and if I do, what is the correct format for the Droid X? I tried to find the info in the Droid X User manual I downloaded, but couldn't find anything.

Also, in Gmail, I have the contacts sorted by Last Name/First Name. Is there any way to get them sync'd with the Droid X that way too? They were sorted that way in Gmail when I first got the Droid X but they downloaded First Name/Last Name.

And, I'm still having a problem getting the Droid X to connect to my Netgear WNDR3700 wireless router. I've done some searching and I see a lot of people are having the same problem. But, there are some who don't have any problem. What I've tried so far is WAP2(tkip), no security, reset the modem and router and nothing seems to work. It sees the SSID and says the connection is excellent (I'm on a 50Mbps tier) but all it does is say "Scanning/Connecting/Disconnected and just keeps on repeating over and over. And I'm sitting right in front of the router. Anyone have any suggestions?

OP
L

LarryE1946

Reaction score
Finally got the Droid X connected via Wi-Fi. All I did was reset the Netgear WNDR3700 to factory settings and BINGO! It works like a charm. Now I can take advantage of my 50Mbps tier.

kevinkar

Reaction score
Did setting the router to default settings also reset the administrator password to its default and did it also turn off encryption and all those other security features that are actually arguably insecure? If so, you definitely want to go through the settings and make sure the rest of your network is not at any higher risk due to the change in settings!

OP
L

LarryE1946

Reaction score
Oh, definitely were all reset. Username and password both changed to something new and security again set to WPA/WPA2. No chances being taken here. dancedroid