1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Cortana Virtual Assistant Confirmed for US Windows Phone in 2014; EU and Asia Later

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Sep 19, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Here's a follow-up to our previous piece regarding Microsoft's development of a Google Now/Siri-like virtual assistant called Cortana. Supposedly, sources have confirmed that Microsoft is developing Cortana and that she will make her debut first on U.S. Windows Phones in early 2014, and will come to Europe and Asia a bit later.

[​IMG]

It looks like Microsoft is finally leveraging their considerable expertise in voice-recognition to start getting competitive again. With Steve Ballmer leaving Microsoft, perhaps the era of being stuck in just their core Enterprise strategy will finally come to an end, ushering in a new focus on cutting edge innovation and creativity again.

If Microsoft had been running their software division as aggressively as they have their Xbox division over the past few years, then maybe the entire mobile landscape would have looked a bit different. What do you guys think? Is Microsoft on the rise again, or is it too early to tell?

Source: PhoneArena
  2. Xfactorx316

Xfactorx316 Member

i think it is still too early to tell if they will rise or not, although I would love to have Cortana as my PA!
    1 person likes this.
  3. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

Lets face it, its going to be a computer sounding voice that is close to the Cortana voice. Even if its the same voice actress, it won't be the same. I doubt there will even be an image of Cortana in any form. They are just getting us nerds all thinking about the possibilities, but it will no doubt be similar to both Google Now and Siri.
  4. nickb34

nickb34 Member

I agree it's still too early to tell. Even though they are late to the party, I think a Microsoft/Intel combo could take a large portion of the market.
  5. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

According to MSFT it won't be anything like Siri or Google Now. They are talking about Cortana being revolutionary NOT evolutionary. We'll see......
    1 person likes this.
  6. cobravnm13

cobravnm13 Well-Known Member

A full blown AI, maybe? An actual AI?
Search tags for this page

desktop cortana assistant

what droid has cortana