Corporate Sync & Encryption...

GeneralZod

Reaction score
So... I tried to set up access to exchange for the first time today. All my settings, in the Corporate Synch configuration are right, yet it's refusing me access. According to what the Help Desk can discern, it has something to do with access, and told me that some Droids don't support it. I find it hard to believe that the DX, running Gingerbread, doesn't support a level of encryption that my buddy, whose running a stock D1 supports. So I'm thinking, it has to be a setting somewhere else.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

GeXX

Reaction score
To do with access? Umm.... What error does it give you on your droid? Do this download a copy of touchdown, there is a trial version but gives a more complete log of what it sees, you can troubleshoot it from there. It could be something on the exchange server only allowing certain devices, ssl cert, or something else totally.

PARick

Reaction score
So... I tried to set up access to exchange for the first time today. All my settings, in the Corporate Synch configuration are right, yet it's refusing me access. According to what the Help Desk can discern, it has something to do with access, and told me that some Droids don't support it. I find it hard to believe that the DX, running Gingerbread, doesn't support a level of encryption that my buddy, whose running a stock D1 supports. So I'm thinking, it has to be a setting somewhere else.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

I use Touchdown on my X with activesync, and it works perfectly. I get my emails sometimes before they pop up on my computer with Outlook.

OP
GeneralZod

GeneralZod

Reaction score
Touchdown worked like a champ, so I'm not sure what the issue was. But it seems like a more robust solution/app anyway, so I'll likely just pay up for the full version. Thanks.

GeXX

Reaction score
touchdown is great for everything but contacts. I wish that they would integrate it properly. Other then that it's awesome!

Maybe the stock doesn't support some policy that your admin has in place.. I am not sure which one, gb supports device & card encryption, remote wipe, those are the 2 used the most I think..

Last edited:
OP
GeneralZod

GeneralZod

Reaction score
Yeah... strange. It's odd that my buddy's D1 has no issues connecting to the same server. I have to imagine a DX running GB is capable. But... whatever. TD works great. Although, as you said, the integration with Contacts could be better.