Copy and paste help needed

ww3c

Reaction score
How do I copy and paste info from an emai? It only let's me copy, highlight, and deal with the text I'm writing, but will not allow me to copy some text from an email to the clipboard for another use such as a url that is not clickable, or to quote text from a forward,or in a reply...the original text of the email seems locked.
This is my first post here, so I hope I'm doing it right...even though I'm sure I can't be the first to ask this, I can't find anything when I search...any help would be appreciated.
Dan

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just tried and it worked fine for me with Gmail. When in email you want to copy text from, hit menu > more > select text and drag your finger along the text you want to copy. Should say copied to clipboard. Then long press in an open spot and select paste.

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
W

ww3c

Reaction score
Just tried and it worked fine for me with Gmail. When in email you want to copy text from, hit menu > more > select text and drag your finger along the text you want to copy. Should say copied to clipboard. Then long press in an open spot and select paste.

DroidForums Junkie!!

Thanks for the quick response--I really appreciate it, but I wasn't talking about gmail...I get most of my mail in the general mail app using verizon mail. I don't seem to be able to edit/copy the text from the original email. Even if I long press and 'select all' it just selects the text new to the message unlike in gmail. The only menu options from the menu key are : move, mark unread, or flag when reading the message. In editing a forward or reply it just gives you options that deal with adding attachments, email settings and formats...nothing to do with copying as in gmail...this is frustrating, and seems to be something lacking...unless I'm still missing something...any guidance here?
Thanks,
Dan

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
The basic Email app is, well, basic. Your best move is to upgrade to another app. If you don't want to use GMail, try K-9. It has all the functions of Email, GMail, and much more.

And it will let you copy paste from not-editable field via the method already described.

And if you are listening, Google, that method needs some major improvements.

leonsb3

Reaction score
And if you are listening, Google, that method needs some major improvements.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
W

ww3c

Reaction score
The basic Email app is, well, basic. Your best move is to upgrade to another app. If you don't want to use GMail, try K-9. It has all the functions of Email, GMail, and much more.

And it will let you copy paste from not-editable field via the method already described.

THANKS!...so I wasn't missing something...it always seems that hardware is released ahead of software and you have to wait for applications to be developed properly...everyone is raving about google, and while it has a lot of potential and they seem to be doing a wonderful job...it, simply is not all the way there yet...I'll take a look at k-9.

Pfurzknoten

Reaction score

Yes, K-9 is the best in my opinion. With the latest updates there are lots of features you can use and the usability is the best anyways.