cool rom but.....

supremekizzle

Reaction score
Hey finally took the plunge and switched from BB over to sapphire but there are a couple things that seem to really irk me. Firstly when clicking on a new text in the notification bar I will be brought to the overview of the threads instead of directly to the new message in the thread. This bugs me so much you wouldn't believe. Some other minor irritants, the notification light is blue, how do I change this? My browser used to be lightning before this ROM, although this could be because I need to clear cache on browser or it could be dolphin itself. Can anyone help me with changing the notification light or the text message problem? I have checked message settings and have checked gem settings but can't find options for either. Thanks everyone!

Armyof2

Reaction score
Hey finally took the plunge and switched from BB over to sapphire but there are a couple things that seem to really irk me. Firstly when clicking on a new text in the notification bar I will be brought to the overview of the threads instead of directly to the new message in the thread. This bugs me so much you wouldn't believe. Some other minor irritants, the notification light is blue, how do I change this? My browser used to be lightning before this ROM, although this could be because I need to clear cache on browser or it could be dolphin itself. Can anyone help me with changing the notification light or the text message problem? I have checked message settings and have checked gem settings but can't find options for either. Thanks everyone!

There are apps to change the led color if you're using stock android sms but you can also use either handcent of chompsms which both offer alot more customization of the sms look and feel, including changing the LED color. As far as the browser goes not too sure i don't use dolphin anymore i tend to stick with the stock browser

heleos

Reaction score
try liquid! it is the best!

Does it fix his stated issues? Make coffee? Save the world? Feed the poor?

Statements like this without back up are pretty pointless...

Especially when you're hijacking a thread from the sapphire forums...

Anyway, if you're getting a not-green LED light and using the stock MMS app, something is wrong. You *DID* wipe coming from BB right?

Armyof2

Reaction score
try liquid! it is the best!

Does it fix his stated issues? Make coffee? Save the world? Feed the poor?

Statements like this without back up are pretty pointless...

Especially when you're hijacking a thread from the sapphire forums...

Anyway, if you're getting a not-green LED light and using the stock MMS app, something is wrong. You *DID* wipe coming from BB right?

Good point...if you didn't wipe this could be contributing to your dolphin issue

OP
S

supremekizzle

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! I did infact wipe about 4 or 5 times (habit I guess) sorry I didn't specify but the different colored led is for all notifications. I am using the stock sms so I do not know why it would bring me to the threads overview, or change the color unless something was changed about these two issues when cvpcs built the rom. I suppose I can try out some other sms apps and see how they go. If it makes any difference (which I don't think it should) I am using blackbar mod and adw launcher over the sapphire rom. Thanks again!

heleos

Reaction score
I also use black bar and ADW, but all my notifications are green.... That's weird

Armyof2

Reaction score
You're using Sapphire 1.0.0, not 1.0.5 beta right?

1.0.0 is correct. I suppose I could back everthing up and re-install

I have a feeling the blue LED has to do with the whole "sapphire" thing and maybe thats what they set as the default color value...I'm just having a hard time remembering if mine was green originally because i changed it to blue on handcent before i ever rooted lol.

There was a program called "missed call" that let you change the colors of the LED blinks I think there is another one called Blink that may let you do the same thing

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
You're using Sapphire 1.0.0, not 1.0.5 beta right?

1.0.0 is correct. I suppose I could back everthing up and re-install

I have a feeling the blue LED has to do with the whole "sapphire" thing and maybe thats what they set as the default color value...I'm just having a hard time remembering if mine was green originally because i changed it to blue on handcent before i ever rooted lol.

There was a program called "missed call" that let you change the colors of the LED blinks I think there is another one called Blink that may let you do the same thing

I have a few apps that blink blue, can remember many but one is andchat, but sms and email are green.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Definitely go Liquid Frozen Yogert 1.5....best Rom I've ever tried by far, and I've tried every one out there. Fast, great battery life, nice themes. The Liquid Slayher kernels work amazing with it. I tried Sapphire and had to carry a car charger with me. With LFY that don't happen.

Well I easily get 16 hours or more a day. :)

Bdog

Reaction score
when clicking on a new text in the notification bar I will be brought to the overview of the threads instead of directly to the new message in the thread.

Never actually noticed this, as I use SMS Popup to go to new texts . I did notice though, that if I stay in the Messaging app while receiving multiple messages (say a whole conversation), and I try to press the back key to get out, I have to continually press back for each time I had a new message. As if the messaging app opens over and over on top of itself. That gets annoying, and it's making me want to get a task killer and see what's actually going on there...

the notification light is blue, how do I change this?

Cvps may have done that for stock, I'm not sure though. Again, using SMS Popup, I was able to turn off native Messaging notifications and change the LED to whatever color I wanted. I use Bloo for FB, so notifications are blue there. Gmail notifications green though, and I just found out missed call doesn't blink at all...

My browser used to be lightning before this ROM, although this could be because I need to clear cache on browser or it could be dolphin itself.

That could be a cache issue, or, in fear of sounding like Steve Jobs (or some other sort of pr*ck), you're going to the wrong sites. There are some sites I go to that are impressively fast, then there are other sites (hate to say, but DF specifically), where it's so slow and bogged down that even typing has a 3-4 second lag.

Armyof2

Reaction score
Definitely go Liquid Frozen Yogert 1.5....best Rom I've ever tried by far, and I've tried every one out there. Fast, great battery life, nice themes. The Liquid Slayher kernels work amazing with it. I tried Sapphire and had to carry a car charger with me. With LFY that don't happen.

Seriously...the highjacking of threads with "install LFY it's the best" is annoying...I'm sure you folks wouldn't like it if we were trolling your forums telling people to install Sapphire in threads with users asking for help.

OP
S

supremekizzle

Reaction score

Seriously...the highjacking of threads with "install LFY it's the best" is annoying...I'm sure you folks wouldn't like it if we were trolling your forums telling people to install Sapphire in threads with users asking for help.

I agree. It would be appropriate for you to post this if the thread title said "which rom should I use" I like this rom and intend on using it for I while. I was only inquiring about a couple issues I had. To you, good day. Everyone else, thanks for the help.