Converting Droid Created Vid's for Emailing?

therock

Reaction score
All of what I search is concerned with making vids to go "onto" the droid. I want to convert it to mail it out from my PC.

I made one with the Droid this pm and it's nearing the 9MB size mark.

I want to convert it from a .3gp to a .wmv or other standard windows player format and in a smaller more e-mailable friendly size.

I have file-factory but it just screws it up no matter what I try.

Anything out there simple?

D

dvdcatalyst

All of what I search is concerned with making vids to go "onto" the droid. I want to convert it to mail it out from my PC.

I want to convert it from a .3gp to a .wmv or other standard windows player format and in a smaller more e-mailable friendly size.

Install fddshow

ffdshow - Video software and downloads - VideoHelp.com

which adds numerous new codecs (including 3gp) to WIndows Media Player.
then you can use something like Windows Movie Maker or Windows Media Encoder to convert the files to WMV format.

OP
therock

therock

Reaction score

Install fddshow

ffdshow - Video software and downloads - VideoHelp.com

which adds numerous new codecs (including 3gp) to WIndows Media Player.
then you can use something like Windows Movie Maker or Windows Media Encoder to convert the files to WMV format.

WoW! Thanks

I have a new hobby learning all those configuration settings but "for now" I easily made a 7MB droid .3gp video to a 5MB .wmv by using Windows Movie Maker and merely selecting Publish and experimenting with the "Compress to" setting. If you try and mash it too much it will hang. Just close and bump it up and try again.

Great help from "dvdcatalyst".:)