1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Contacts - gmail link - duplicate entries

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by mtlue5, Dec 27, 2010.

1. mtlue5

mtlue5 New Member

Somehow, not all of my contacts sync with Google Gmail contacts. On my phone I have a little over 100 contacts, but only 26 of them are in my Gmail contacts.
    I noticed that the ones that are also in Gmail have (2) in the “Linked profiles”, one of those “links” is Google, where the second seems to be itself.
    ALSO, when I create a new contact, sometimes I get two entries. PLUS, when I first create a new contact, and I paste something into the Notes field (under “Additional info”), I always get two of the exact same “Notes” fields appearing, with the same content, within this new contact.
    How do I get the other contacts to sync into Gmail contacts, and avoid the double entries?
    A Happy New Year to all.
    Thanks
    mtlue5
  2. ChrisSmithWebGuy

ChrisSmithWebGuy New Member

I'm very often find duplicate contacts, I have experienced the same thing in the past. Duplicates are really frustrating, I have discovered a useful tool, the so called Scrubly duplicate removal. I think this can help you to get rid of duplicates. Hope this helps. Thanks.:)
Search tags for this page

get rid of duplicate entries in my contact galaxy