Contacts.. FAIL

Reaction score
This is another Rant about how god awful the contact integration between gmail, android, and Facebook is.

I have about 200 friends on Facebook. I'm not one of those (adds everyperson under the sun) I really am friends or old friends with most of my contacts through facebook. I want to be able to save the individual Facebook contact to the phone so it can be backed up in Gmail. BUT THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE!

SO. It's manual enrty for each contact i want to save off of facebook. And from what ive been hearing and researching, this has been a problem since the first build of Android. You would think they would spend more time on this.. which is something A LOT of people have been complaining about. but no..

Why Google.. why.

Last edited:

cbushnell

Reaction score
View attachment 5574

I hope this helps, not sure because I'm on a Droid not an Eris, but going to facebook home then menu, home, menu, settings, scroll to the bottom, Other settings, Sync Contacts.

OP
certifiedfryguy
Reaction score
Thanks. But that facebook sync still wont allow that sync'd data to get saved to the phone. then stored in gmail contacts.

It's also handy when i comes to birthdays, emails, alt. phone numbers etc. there's lots of info on a facebook contact that can be useful to save and sync in your gmail contacts.