Contact sync with facebook on droid x 2.2

Mikey311

Reaction score
so i updated to the leaked 2.2 and have a rooted droid x. when i had the stock os my contact pictures would sync fine with facebook whenever someone would change their profile picture. many of my friends have changed their profile pictures but my contact picture aren't updating with them on 2.2.

anyone else getting this?

Update: I removed my facebook account and then added it again and all seems well.

Last edited:

throwscoach

Reaction score
sorry for the late reply, but I just noticed it today. I do have that problem. I just deleted the facebook account and reloaded it. Hopefully that helps. I feel like it might have been an issue where when 2.1 changed to 2.2, but just locked the contact pictures and didn't transfer over the "update" information.

I'll let you know if I noticed anyone has changed their pics and nothing has happened. Maybe you already figured it out though, since you posted this 2 weeks ago.

OP
Mikey311

Mikey311

Reaction score
oh no worries. deleting and then reloading it fixed it.

mickeyboy

Reaction score
Sync D X contacts with facebook

Just downloaded 2.2 to my X. While I had issues originally and had to wipe the phone, all is fine now except I don't remember how I synced my contacts with fb on my original droid (2.2.)

One more thing, my last droid had a message displayed at the top of my contact list "displaying 1501 contacts" but it's not there on the X? This is important as how do you know all of your contacts are syncing if there isn't a total? Not going to count them all....

Thanks!

ericejs15

Reaction score
anyone know how to have facebook sync only existing contacts? i tried removing and adding but never saw the option?

and how about setting a sync time for facebook? like say sync every 2 hours?

Future24

Reaction score
If I sync will it be with just people in my phonebook or EVERYONE im friends with on Fb....

ericejs15

Reaction score
for me its everyone in my FB and I hate that because I believe it is wasting battery syncing all these peoples status updates and pics when I dont want them in my phone! I just want the contacts I already have! How can you fix this?

csantoro85

Reaction score
I just installed 2.2 and am trying to sync, but my Facebook Contacts are not showing up in my contacts list

OP
Mikey311

Mikey311

Reaction score
I just installed 2.2 and am trying to sync, but my Facebook Contacts are not showing up in my contacts list

Unlink it then add it again. Worked for me after that

Update: oh i think i read your comment wrong. try cycling through your contacts through accounts, as in press "contacts" on top of the screen and try clicking on facebook so it only shows those contacts. you've probably thought of that, but that's all i got.

Last edited: