CM7 problems

en28so

Reaction score
Ever since I downloaded the last two nightlies when I get a call google music starts playing at the same time. Any one else got this problem?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mcp770

Reaction score
Are you wiping data, cache, dalvik between your nightly updates? If not you should because it makes a world of difference in performance and battery life. I update about every second or third nightly to give me a little break. Then I use titanium to only restore my apps (NO SYSTEM DATA). This method seems to work much better than just wiping cache and updating. I did that initially and seemed to run into many more issues and battery seemed to get progressively worse with each build.

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Did you apply any of the other 'fixes'? Maybe that was it. I would say try either reflashing that nightly or the newest one (#10).

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Are you wiping data, cache, dalvik between your nightly updates? If not you should because it makes a world of difference in performance and battery life. I update about every second or third nightly to give me a little break. Then I use titanium to only restore my apps (NO SYSTEM DATA). This method seems to work much better than just wiping cache and updating. I did that initially and seemed to run into many more issues and battery seemed to get progressively worse with each build.

Even CVPCS said that wiping dalvik between nightlies was not nessesary as there were not enough major changes to effect anything. It won't hurt but it's not a must. I haven't done one wipe since nightly #1. Battery I do though.

bryannh

Reaction score
just downloaded nightly 10 and all seems well except mms messages won't send. says invalid address and the app volume+ FCs.

any fix for the mms?

bryannh

Reaction score
I just installed the msg APK that was in the zip and that worked but I'm curious as to why that installation failed

razorloves

Reaction score

bryannh

Reaction score
no I did not. I got it off my computer browser

mtbhk44

Reaction score
I last flashed .9 before I bailed. None of my data would sync and that's just a deal killer. I'm sure they will get it ironed out but until then I'm back on Liberty

razorloves

Reaction score
I last flashed .9 before I bailed. None of my data would sync and that's just a deal killer. I'm sure they will get it ironed out but until then I'm back on Liberty
that was a common issue with an easy fix. it happened when gmail got installed after initial sync. all you had to do was go to Setting>Accounts & Sync>, make sure background data and autosync are checked. Then click on your account and check the box for gmail. I know it's too late now, but just fyi for future reference.

saywhaa

Reaction score
torch force closes and when i go into the rom manager and want to check if there is rom updates i click on it and nothing happens. im on 7.1.0 and i purchased the premium since it said thats what was needed... so after that it still doesnt do anything when i want to see if it works... do i need to download a different toolbox or something else thats needed?

edit nvm had to do the 2nd int

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm having an issue. Ever since I flashed nightly #10, my phone automatically auto rotates to the horizontal layout on any pages that will allow it. I cant get it back to portrait. Any thought? I wiped cache and dalvik and I also reflashed nightly #11 to try and see if it was just a bug on the install but nothing... :-(