Clock color in notification

cobjones

Reaction score
Is there any way to change the color other than adb commands? I can't get them to apply. Rooted, but using stock froyo ROM.

stealthychief

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is there any way to change the color other than adb commands? I can't get them to apply. Rooted, but using stock froyo ROM.

I believe you have to edit services.jar. I remember seeing a tutorial for it somewhere recently. I think with editing that file you can change the color for pretty much all of the text in the status bar pulldown.

OP
C

cobjones

Reaction score

I believe you have to edit services.jar. I remember seeing a tutorial for it somewhere recently. I think with editing that file you can change the color for pretty much all of the text in the status bar pulldown.

Thank you for responding. I knew that much though. I have the tutorial for the adb commands, but i do not feel real comfortable doing it.

I just thought there would be a way to change via metamorph or something similar. There was a way for the OG, but have not found anything yet.

I also have all of Jrummy's apps and he doesnt even have an editor for it, and he has an editor for everything else. That being said it must be difficult to do via the phone itself.

Thanks and lets keep this going.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

stealthychief

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Thank you for responding. I knew that much though. I have the tutorial for the adb commands, but i do not feel real comfortable doing it.

I just thought there would be a way to change via metamorph or something similar. There was a way for the OG, but have not found anything yet.

I also have all of Jrummy's apps and he doesnt even have an editor for it, and he has an editor for everything else. That being said it must be difficult to do via the phone itself.

Thanks and lets keep this going.

Yeah looks pretty in depth haha. But I think I'm going to try it out tonight and see If I can get it to work. I'll post back with how it goes...

OP
C

cobjones

Reaction score
Thanks and let me know.

stealthychief

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks and let me know.

Yeah so I didn't get that far when I tried it out lol. For some reason I couldn't get the downloaded zip to go into .jar file after I downloaded it so I couldn't start the program without the file actually registering as a .jar and not .zip. I wish there was a way to do it on the phone. I actually just released a green/black theme and it would have been even cooler if I had been able to change the status bar text colors to my liking..I'll probably mess around some more eventually and hopefully get it working

meaker

Reaction score
There was a theme for droidx called epic blue For liberty froyo and it had blue text thru out the theme.. Might want to ask the themer view he went about it...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums