Cleaned out my stockpile...

Silver Member
Reaction score
been building systems for close to 15 years now and over the years i accumulated a serious amount of stockpile. being a builder, you never know when that one extra part might have helped you get the job done faster. i managed to save SOMETHING from just about every system i've ever built.

well, in 15 years, ALOT has changed. most of my equipment can't even be used on today's systems so i finally pulled the plug and cleaned out my stockpile.

i started with:

bottom bin: software. discs, diskettes, manuals. i had original copies of 95, 95 plus, office 4.3 and 97... i even had Windows 1.1 with Word and MS Paintbrush on 5.25" floppies. all gone...

next bin: stupid/useless game controllers, ps/2 and DIN keyboards, 5 PSUs and 3 motherboards still in their original boxes.

next bin: the only organized bin, full of more bins containing little parts like drive cables, CD ROM audio cables, fans, random cables, etc., etc...

top bin: JUNK with a capital J. audio cables, more keyboards, mice, power cables...

time to purge. none of this **** is useful to anyone.

check out this old-ass sound card. Sound Blaster 32. my first sound card ever.

everything in those four bins here:

so much crap, it tried to escape:

after everything was done, this is what I left myself with:

lots of useful parts that will be helpful for a few more years to come.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:shocked: i bet you stashed some of that crap under yur bed or in a closet and just told your wife you threw it!!! you aren't foolin me 640!! :rofl3:

OP

Silver Member
Reaction score
bah! i took the initiative and did it myself. out with the old, in with the new. was glad to get rid of it.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
well....i watched a program sunday where some dude collects "art" off chips or something. i'm thinkin you could have sold some of that crap to him!! i mean hello!!! he found WALDO!!!

OP

Silver Member
Reaction score
i tried selling some computer crap in three garage sales. nothing ever sells. goodwill wouldn't even take it. it's just not worth my time and time isn't something i've got much of these days.

lschicky

Reaction score
Yeah, most of my old equipment will be going to a computer recycling center. (where they can break down the equipment so it can be recycled, not necessarily use the computer again)

OP

Silver Member
Reaction score
in hindsight, i should have done this. i don't think the city does a good job of educating people on these types of programs. i just wanted it out of the house.

nesting and all...