ChompSMS VS Handcent - Pros and Cons of each?

minmongoblin

Reaction score
I have Handcent installed, but a recent update killed the vibrate notification function, so I was looking to try out another program. Before I install ChompSMS, is it a favorable program? What does it have that Handcent doesn't, and what does Handcent have that Chomp doesn't?

Thanks.

CatsTide

Reaction score
i'd suggest just trying chomp.some people swear by it but i like handcent. handcent is a lot more complex and is much more customizable. i don't think chomp has anything that handcent doesn't. a biggie on handcent for me is the repeating notifications.

just email the developer about your problem.if it's a bug i'm sure it will be fixed.

OP
M

minmongoblin

Reaction score
I emailed them weeks ago, and in the latest update (that brought in ADS of all things! though it did also remove those stupid numbers on the threads screen saying how many messages were sent back and forth) it wasn't fixed =( But I guess I can try it.

CatsTide

Reaction score
I emailed them weeks ago, and in the latest update (that brought in ADS of all things! though it did also remove those stupid numbers on the threads screen saying how many messages were sent back and forth) it wasn't fixed =( But I guess I can try it.
the message counter is an option...turn it on or off.....and can you really complain about an ad in the settings menu???

OP
M

minmongoblin

Reaction score
It wasn't an option before. I know the setting you're talking about, and turning it on or off did not affected the (#) out to the right of each name on the conversation thread list. Not even sure WHAT that option does/did.

CatsTide

Reaction score
It wasn't an option before. I know the setting you're talking about, and turning it on or off did not affected the (#) out to the right of each name on the conversation thread list. Not even sure WHAT that option does/did.
hmm you're right. mine is still showing the number,i unchecked the setting and they're still there....

old no. 7

Reaction score
Tried Chomp for a little bit. Still prefer Handcent to Chomp. I hate the apple bubble look.

jbsangel

Reaction score
Tried Chomp for a little bit. Still prefer Handcent to Chomp. I hate the apple bubble look.

Yes i prefer handcent for that reason also. but i hear the latest update also makes handcent show all of your fb contacts as options to send to, with no way to turn this on or off. i have 700 fb friends, definitely don't want to see them being options to narrow down from when sending a txt.

my vibrate notification works just fine. are you sure you have it enabled? have you tried reinstalling?