Cheap, flimsy battery hatch

MadisonMarine

Reaction score
just what I hate doing...a farm fix on anything......isn't that why there are supposed to be engineers..

Retribution

Reaction score
I dont think this is necessarily a motorola engineering problem, I think it has to do with packaging and the fact that the door is metal rather then plastic probably gets banged around a bit and warps the door, not enough to see but enough to get a less then perefect fit, i noticed a less then tighter fit, observed the door had a lip and a spot where it went on the phone, I held the sides of the door pressed in the center with some good pressure with my thumb so that lip would make good contact and persto changeo fixed door.

jkayner

Reaction score
I just put some contact paper on the back of my phone. It's cheap, and comes on a big roll (about 2 feet). I don't need to pull my SD card out much. I made it cover the door and the upper part where the camera is (didn't cover the lense). It looks okay not great, but the protection and door slippage are resolved. Plus if i need to pull the battery, the paper peels back with minimal effort, not leaving residue, and I can stick it back when done. I wouldn't put this on the front or sides, bt for the back I'm fine with it.

Last edited:

samredman

Reaction score
Of course, it's engineering (bad). I don't mind a simple fix (which I did with the Avery labels)... but, let's not excuse this by saying it was a "packaging" problem. The engineers who designed and approved that (and those down the line who let it through) have shown the kind of incompetence which causes business failure (and embarrassment to the super engineers who put the rest of this together).

Anomander

Reaction score
I put in an old receipt on my cover and now it fits nice and snug. My wife's Droid does not have any issues at all with the cover.

tommyw9240

Reaction score
this is terrible, i have lost two doors, and am now on my third, and bought a case to ensure the thing wont come off again. Great phone, but this has to be an embarrassment for M. My door was falling off at the slightest rub of anything.

GeekWife

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm not going crazy and it is loose. I thought it was just me or something I was doing. Will try the various "fixes" tomorrow. Thanks!

skiahh

Reaction score
Mine was fine for the first week or so, but now it seems to fall off if I look at it sideways. While you can use work-around fixes, I agree that for a device of this caliber, it shouldn't be necessary.

I'm going to see what the V store will say about it.