Charging

xElektro

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I have a question. Is it normal that my charge goes down while using it and charging it at the same time?
I have been noticing this lately and I thought id ask just to make sure. (I am rooted and currently running maverick rom 3.0)
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
It should just be slowly charging...unless ur running too much things in the background or using an app that uses a lot of the battery like a game or so.

Motorola Droid 2: MIUI 2.2.4 B2

OP
xElektro

xElektro

Reaction score
Im usually just on facebook or youtube. Not really a gaming person.

SecretAgentMan

Reaction score
Are you charging via USB or plugged into 110 VAC (i.e. the wall)? If you're plugged in via USB, the charge rate is low and it's possible you could have a slight drain if you are using the phone.

OP
xElektro

xElektro

Reaction score
Are you charging via USB or plugged into 110 VAC (i.e. the wall)? If you're plugged in via USB, the charge rate is low and it's possible you could have a slight drain if you are using the phone.

Im charging with my wall charger, but I still don't get why im losing charge :\

SecretAgentMan

Reaction score
That does seem strange, especially if it's the OEM charger. If you're using a non-OEM charger, the output (amps) may be lower that the one that comes with the D3. The D3's OEM charger has a higher charging rate than the knockoffs.

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Watching video is likely the reason, just facebook use alone wont drain the battery while on the charger. But it shouldn't be discharging at a noticeable rate, maybe 1% every 20~ minutes I would think.

ssj11mav

Reaction score
I had this problem before! Which wall adapter are you using? Make sure it says 5.1v on it! I was once using a motorola wall charger that was only 5.0v... the extra .1 makes a difference as that is what the "Rapid Charging" feature is from.

mikedyk43

Reaction score
I had this problem before! Which wall adapter are you using? Make sure it says 5.1v on it! I was once using a motorola wall charger that was only 5.0v... the extra .1 makes a difference as that is what the "Rapid Charging" feature is from.

The voltage rating is not what will make it charge faster. All USB charging voltage is 5VDC as this is the standard for USB. It is the current that will determine the rate at which the charge occurs. The current will be in either amps (example=.5A) or milliamps (example=500mA). Obviously the higher the number the faster the charging potential will be.