Change LED light notifications on Droid 2.1

Goombat

Reaction score
Hi all this may sound cliché but are there any apps that allow you to change the color of the LED light for this specific firmware on the Droid? Even if you refer a thread that would be awesome!

area52

Reaction score
I think an app called "missed call" is your only option if you haven't rooted your phone. But that is limited as to what you can change.

OP
G

Goombat

Reaction score
I tried it out and it didn't seem to work on my phone. If you think I may have done something by mistake that would cause it to not work any tips would be a great help!

warrior21

Reaction score
If you are using missed call just remember you have to disable your stock notifications on whatever app you are trying to change. I prefer just to use handcent for sms, you can change the LED to a handful of different colors. I also use gmail notifier for gmail since you can customize the led color and ringtone for that too. The only thing I haven't been able to change the color of is google talk which stays green

Last edited:

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you use K-9 for your email client (and turn off notifications from other email clients such as gmail and email) you'll get a distinctive purple led notification for email. I simply point K-9 at my gmail account and turn off notification in my gmail client. Works well.

rustynail09

Reaction score
Handcent will allow you to customize led settings for your sms/mms messages

SpykeZ

Reaction score
Handcent will allow you to customize led settings for your sms/mms messages
was just going to post this

From what I remember theres magenta, yellow, cyan, red, blue, green for colors, might be more tho :icon_ banana:

meishkov

Reaction score
Find the new messaging app thread and download it, I got mine switched to blue LED. Its a nice app and its the stock messaging app just with a few more options.

JEchoff

Reaction score
If you are only looking for sms led colors, do sms popup. It lets you choose the notification sound, led color, and more for each contact. Make sure you turn off notifications for the default messaging app though. Oh and it even lets you set it so that if you get a message, it pops up on the screen