Change icon for sd card while in usb mode

trenz

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can add a custom icon to the sd card so it shows in my computer when attached to the pc?

On my Sansa Fuze I added an autorun.inf and an icon and it works perfectly.

When I try it on the droid 2 the autorun file disappears after I reconnect the Droid to the pc.

Thanks

missionman

Reaction score
Same issue happened to me..
:mad:
Ive read that there is a built in function code called "protectFromAutorunStupidity" in Android phones that deletes AUTORUN.INF files when you mount your phone to USB because the ROM thinks its a possible virus.

The only workaround so far ive seen is to mount your phone in multi-mount mode (PC mode or something), but the new ROMs dont even have that option anymore, only stock ROMs have that. For example Steel Droid D3 ICS v5.5 only has one option, USB mass storage mode. thats it. how you get into PC mode or anything else, i have no clue.
Not sure which mode the guy was talking about too so you might want to play around with it..
Try each mode each time and copy and paste your inf file and icon file to the root each time to see which one works.

Im positive the Developers can modify this function in future ROM releases as a extra perk, UNLESS its hardwired into the phone, but im kinda doubting that.

Ask a Developer!
:biggrin: