Car Dock Mount Reliability

Papasmurf

Reaction score
I Just got the Dock and was wondering if anyone has had an issue with the phone falling out while mounted. I put it in for the ride to work and it just felt like it was barely hanging in there. I just don't want to go off a bump and it falls off. I have GA on it as well and it seems to peel back that tiny top strip as well. No big deal but its was annoying since I took the time to put it on there.

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
I Just got the Dock and was wondering if anyone has had an issue with the phone falling out while mounted. I put it in for the ride to work and it just felt like it was barely hanging in there. I just don't want to go off a bump and it falls off. I have GA on it as well and it seems to peel back that tiny top strip as well. No big deal but its was annoying since I took the time to put it on there.

Are you making sure you are pushing the top of the phone all the way in? You should hear an audible "click" when the phone is dorrectly docked. I have had no trouble with mine and my vehicle sees more than the smooth road. I feel very good about my phone staying locked in. No problems as of yet.

OP
Papasmurf

Papasmurf

Reaction score

Are you making sure you are pushing the top of the phone all the way in? You should hear an audible "click" when the phone is dorrectly docked. I have had no trouble with mine and my vehicle sees more than the smooth road. I feel very good about my phone staying locked in. No problems as of yet.

I don't hear a click really since I have ghost armor up top there. Maybe I will try to cut that area off with an exacto knife and see if it clicks in.

pjo1966

Reaction score
Mine dropped out once, but I don't think I secured it properly. Scared the crap out of me though. I won't make that mistake again.

Mateles

Reaction score
I've never had it fall out and it's a tighter fit now that I'm using Ghost Armor all around. I wasn't concerned about it falling out before I put on the GA, but now I just make sure I pinch the front / back near where the clip is to hear the click.

Trooper

Reaction score
That happened to me once, but it was my fault. Like others have said, You've gotta make sure the little tab/clip on the mount, slips into the gap of the phone.

LT*

Reaction score
Mine has never fallen out of the dock, but the dock did fall off the windshield once. Thankfully the Droid had a screen cover because it got marked up a little with the fall. It hasn't happened again since though.

jthorpe

Reaction score

I'm a police officer and I have to do some very rough driving at times. My Droid has been about 40k miles with me so far and I've had no issues with it falling out or getting shaken to the point of breaking.

riahon

Reaction score
I haven't had mine fall out, but the whole dock doesn't stay mounted for a long period of time. Mine is constantly dropping off of the windshield and has to be remounted. It's a hassle when driving in traffic. I've cleaned the window and the suction cup. Any ideas?!?

Sal R.

Reaction score
I haven't had mine fall out, but the whole dock doesn't stay mounted for a long period of time. Mine is constantly dropping off of the windshield and has to be remounted. It's a hassle when driving in traffic. I've cleaned the window and the suction cup. Any ideas?!?

I replaced the base with a dash friction mount from my old Garmin and no problems. Took it off-road w/ lots of bumps and it held firm.

pjo1966

Reaction score

I had a sandbag mount from my Garmin that I would just plop down on the dash. I popped off the front of it and replaced it with the front of the car mount. I like the sandbag mount a lot better than the one from Verizon. I'm not sticking anything to my car (which is a lease) and it doesn't go anywhere.

riahon

Reaction score
Thanks! I have an old Garmin and sandbag mount, also. I'll have to try those....they didn't cross my mind.

Last edited:

pjo1966

Reaction score
Thanks! I have an old Garmin and sandbag mount, also. I'll have to try those....they didn't cross my mind.

When I got my Droid I asked if they had a ball socket mount. Even when I brought in the front part of the Garmin dock, they didn't know what I was talking about. They sold me the car dock and I saw that it had the ball socket mount. I popped it off and it fit perfectly. The only thing I don't like is that the power supply was built into the Garmin mount. You popped it in and it was charging. With the Droid mount you need to physically plug it into the car charger before you snap it into the mount.