Car Dock Mode

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Just my opinion, most likely your will differ.
Bob

Bob

Nope, I don't think it will.

I think I can independently confirm this just by reporting that the car dock cable does nothing plugged into my laptop and phone. But plugged into my laptop and car dock it looks like it would charge and it does go into car mode. Of course my earlier findings indicated that the car dock alone will throw the phone into car mode. Whats interesting here is the message about the phone being fully charged that appeared only after attaching the car dock. So the cable is proprietary--perhaps we shouldn't call it USB then. This probably goes allot further toward explaining the inexplicable problems others have had with using non Moto cables connected to their laptop.

I've no idea why this would be true, but everything REMilk says looks quite plausible considering what I've seen so far.

A bit of soapbox standing here. I don't recall USB being used in any sales literature for the d3, but I certainly had the expectation that I wouldn't be beholden to Moto for cables of all things. I also had the expectation that the cables would be interchangeable with my d1 and my wife's phone cable. Although I haven't experienced any issues with using my old d1 cable for charging at work, I am disappointed. Now returning the soapbox for community use.