Car Dock issues: Music, voice calls, and screen outs

wilcobravo

Reaction score
Hi All -

I'm having a few issues with the car dock app that I would like help fixing:

- Anyone know how I can pick music from the app? Currently can only go fwd or bkwd through the album

- While plugged in through the aux port, I can make a voice-dialed call, but the sound is very buggy. Both the mic and the speaker (through the car's speakers) cut out like I have poor reception (but don't).

- How can I keep the screen from timing out while in car mode? Currently have to unlock at the default time-out rate.

Thanks in advance!

solar

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing about the car dock music app. But I haven't seen any answer. Its pretty useless. I usually just close car dock and let it run in the background and use a regular music app.

I haven't noticed the issue with the Aux input and calls. I usualy have my plugged in my cable (sometimes BT) and I use a BT headset for calls. Maybe someone else can chime in on this one.

As long as your phone is in a car dock that has power it shouldn't shut off. But if its in the car dock with no power, it will time the screen out unless you're actively using navigations mode. Just make sure you're plugged in. The car dock mode doesn't even have to be the active screen.