1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can I get music from droid to car speakers

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by torokfam, Dec 13, 2010.

1. torokfam

torokfam New Member

I have an 08 chevy that does not have a little imput hole, nor a usb imput. It does have a Aux/cd function button. Is there a way I can play my music over the car speakers
  2. lowboy

lowboy New Member

If the radio has RCA imputes on the back of the unit. Then you could buy a "Y" and mount it that way. I did that in a Dakota I have. Works fine.

A "Y" would have two male RCAs on one end and a Male 3.5 on the other end.
  3. bonzomatic

bonzomatic New Member

A lot of factory systems do have an aux input that you can tap into. I would recommend taking it to a good car stereo shop and ask them if yours does. They can usually install something for not much money.

I think you'll be really happy if you do it. I've been using Pandora in my car and I'm blown away at how good it sounds.

You can also try an FM transmitter. Not the best quality, but it's an easy option.
  4. lowboy

lowboy New Member

Why go to a stereo place and let them charge you $50 an hour. It would take them 2 hours or better just to do what you can do in an hour max.
    The "Y" would cost no more than $5.

Taking out a stereo out is more intimidating than it really is.
    Why can a thief take a stereo in less than 5 min. Cause it's so simple to remove them now days.
  5. mikehal38

mikehal38 New Member

My truck has a tape player and I got one of the tapes with the 3.5 on the end. It works great. Thats if you have a tape player of course.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  6. Jordan8

Jordan8 New Member

I have the same, picked it up for a couple bucks.
  7. wierdo124

wierdo124 New Member

I bought a $40 stereo with an aux input. I had no experience with audio. If you can read a schematic then no problem

Sent from my etch a sketch
  8. DroidCoug

DroidCoug New Member

I use bluetooth. The Motorola MOTOROKR T505 is the one I use. It has a built in FM transmitter, so set your music on your android and turn the ROKR on and it will scan for an open FM radio frequency.
    Motorola MOTOROKR T505 - speaker phone#
  9. leakim13

leakim13 New Member

i got this to tide me over until i get a bluetooth enabled DVD/CD/Touch screen for my car

Walmart.com: Scosche FM Transmitter: Audio

in auto audio dept in EVERY Walmart, quick fix for 12 bucks plus a few AAA batteries. works perfectly
  10. Taegost

Taegost New Member

That's what I use for now, until I get a new car... Went digging through my old box of audio stuff and found the one I used to use with my Walkman back when I was a teenager in my first car :)
  11. joseserna08

joseserna08 New Member

There's a couple things you can do. If you don't wanna replace your factory radio, and it has aux on the controls, you can buy a fm modulator. This connects where the antenna goes in the stereo. You then connnect the antenna to it. It has a plug that allows you to connect a 3.5mm jack to it. You could use a fm transmitter, but depending on your location, reception could be spotty. Fm modulator is the best of those two options, but they cost a little more. Install is also more advanced, since you have to pull the radio out. Second option would be to install a radio that has usb/bluetooth/auxiliary input built in. I don't know your budget or if you know how to install yourself, but its really easy. Depending on your car, autozone has vehicle repair guides online. Step by step instructions are real easy to follow. Crutchfield.com is also real helpful. Hope this helps you.

12. torokfam

torokfam New Member

If i use the 12$ Wally World fm transmiter, will it work with Pandora or only with my personal audio files. If it works with Pandora, Can you say...goodbye satalite radio!!!! Love to get rid of that payment.
  13. joseserna08

joseserna08 New Member

Yeah it works with any audio source coming from phone.

14. leakim13

leakim13 New Member

I jam out to pandora or music. both work fine. I am eyeing a new deck but this is a cheap working stop gap solution. I'm satisfied.

Sent from the Great North Woods
  15. DroidCoug

DroidCoug New Member

FM transmitter works with personal mp3's, pandora, slacker, even the nfl mobile app. I use the nfl mobile app to listen to football games on sundays when i'm driving.
  16. Emmexx

Emmexx New Member

As DroidCoug stated, the FM transmitter work fo all of that. I also have the MotoRokr T505 that I use via Bluetooth. I'vebeen using it for almost two years now without issue. Sometimes, you have to change the radio station, but that is only on extended drives. Push a button and it finds the next best radio station for you and all you have to do is dial it up on the radio. It is also pretty nice when getting phone calls. The Rokr will stop your music for the call, ID the number, and you hit the phone symbol to answer. People can hear me talk w/o an issue and I can hear them right through the speakers. Then, once the call is over, the music starts right back up :) Really awesome hands free device.
Search tags for this page
android app use car speakers
app to play phone through car speakers
app to send song from android to car speaker

apps to use car speakers

can i get speakers for my samsung phone to play music
can i use a tape to play pandora through my andorid in my ca
do you need rcas if you use speaker imputs
fm transmitter app on droid to play pandora on my car speake
how can i listen to the radio on my phone thru my car speake
how to play music through car speaker with a droid 4

how to play phone through car speakers