Can't view Gallery

Fiscalfizz

Reaction score
Starting today, whenever I hit my "gallery" button to view my pictures and videos, it starts to open but then is forced close. The only way I can now view my pictures is by starting up the camera and hitting the camera roll/gallery button. Does anyone have a clue how to fix this? I am running the newest version of the OS... version 2.3? bare with me, new owner here.

Thanks everyone

Phillipsave

Reaction score
This is happening with my wife droid x phone starting today also, but not mine.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

timrock

Reaction score
guys, you have to remove your memory card, put it in your pc and transfer all of its contents to the pc. next, format the card. then, put all of your data back on the card.

jigglesdaluvly

Reaction score
im having the same problem it started on the 1st of Jan also....and i DID try to format my card after reading this...but still no luck for me...

mtnman64

Reaction score
Having this same issue. Would love to find a fix for this; really not finding alternative gallery app that I like as much.

droid noobie

Reaction score
I did this after I was trying to change my camera folder name. Was going to copy folder to desktop and it said camera already existing...So me the smart guy that I am I change the folder name and after that had to disconnect and restart to find pics because it turned to a read only file. But now just like everyone else here my gallery wont open. Please help

solar

Reaction score
I did this after I was trying to change my camera folder name. Was going to copy folder to desktop and it said camera already existing...So me the smart guy that I am I change the folder name and after that had to disconnect and restart to find pics because it turned to a read only file. But now just like everyone else here my gallery wont open. Please help
I would tr copying the DCIM folder to your PC to make sure you have all your pics. then try deleting the DCIM folder on your droid using the file browser (or Astro File Manager). Then take a new picture so that the system recreated the DCIM folder and subfolders and see if it allows you to open your gallery. If it does, copy all your pics back into the camera folder underneath the DCIM folder.

mtnman64

Reaction score
I finally copied everything from my card to my computer, reformatted the card, then opened the gallery on the phone. Then I copcopied the files from the computer and loaded them back on the card. Took some time, but so far it has solved the gallery problems.

timrock

Reaction score
I finally copied everything from my card to my computer, reformatted the card, then opened the gallery on the phone. Then I copcopied the files from the computer and loaded them back on the card. Took some time, but so far it has solved the gallery problems.

glad you got it working.

leo86

Reaction score
When I built this gallery I opted out for flash in the hopes that ipads and iphones could view it. Not only can they not view the gallery, nor can my Android tablet.