Can't run 1.2ghz kernels anymore?

datsyuk

Reaction score
Just got my 4th or 5th refurb droid and in the past I have ran low voltage kernels at 1.2ghz for the longest time on them. Love the snappiness and speed it gives. I have this droid now and I get lots of errors and random reboots running at 1.2ghz. 1.1ghz seems somewhat stable but during things like phone calls and youtube I still see random reboots and FCs.. sometimes even when I'm not doing anything. Id run medium voltage but the phone gets WAY too hot and then it will eventually reboot while doing things like phone, nav, etc.

Is there anything that can be done about this or did I basically get a ****ty droid this time around?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

nakhleh926

Reaction score
Just got my 4th or 5th refurb droid and in the past I have ran low voltage kernels at 1.2ghz for the longest time on them. Love the snappiness and speed it gives. I have this droid now and I get lots of errors and random reboots running at 1.2ghz. 1.1ghz seems somewhat stable but during things like phone calls and youtube I still see random reboots and FCs.. sometimes even when I'm not doing anything. Id run medium voltage but the phone gets WAY too hot and then it will eventually reboot while doing things like phone, nav, etc.

Is there anything that can be done about this or did I basically get a ****ty droid this time around?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

probably just got unlucky this time....but why is it your 4th or 5th if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

datsyuk

Reaction score
Ah going to try and remember here. First droid was solid for around 7 months. Lockscreen button got depressed and wouldn't come back up, another time camera was super blurry and would not work no matter what I did, new roms, flashed back to unrooted stock, etc. Can't remember the other times but I know I've had to send another 1 or 2 back.

nakhleh926

Reaction score
Ah going to try and remember here. First droid was solid for around 7 months. Lockscreen button got depressed and wouldn't come back up, another time camera was super blurry and would not work no matter what I did, new roms, flashed back to unrooted stock, etc. Can't remember the other times but I know I've had to send another 1 or 2 back.

jeez you almost have as much bad luck as me...as for the overclock have you made any progress?

OP
D

datsyuk

Reaction score

jeez you almost have as much bad luck as me...as for the overclock have you made any progress?

Haha I know. Well I just got off the phone with verizon, they're sending me another one so I'm hoping to get lucky this time like before. When I first got this one, booted it and went to type in my google account I had problems with the @ button. It wasn't responding the first few times hitting it so they're going to be sending me a new one by Friday. Hopefully this one can OC to 1.2ghz!

nakhleh926

Reaction score

Haha I know. Well I just got off the phone with verizon, they're sending me another one so I'm hoping to get lucky this time like before. When I first got this one, booted it and went to type in my google account I had problems with the @ button. It wasn't responding the first few times hitting it so they're going to be sending me a new one by Friday. Hopefully this one can OC to 1.2ghz!

good luck!

anuraj1

Reaction score
I just got my third refurb D1 and suddenly I can't use LV kernels. Bootloops galore. Sucks, but oh well.

First D1 served me very very well, but 14 months into owning it, the touchscreen went haywire. I suspect th digitizer went bad.

Second D1 had a broken catch for the battery door which made one corner stick up, tearing holes in my pockets.

They were really good about overnighting this new one.

I always knew that every Droid was different with which kernels it liked, and now I know first hand.

OP
D

datsyuk

Reaction score
Haha that sucks. I learned on the phone I also have 2 upgrades ready now. 1 was my moms which I knew about but apparently the one that was due for May or August is ready now too? Which is awesome. I told the guy id wait it out because imo its stupid to buy a 3G iPhone when 4G is on its way out and I want to see how the Android lineup is looking for the summer also. Not saying id buy an iPhone though haha. All I know is I need something good for the next 2 years to run Android software because Verizon dicked us on the upgrade time lol.