cant find turn off sync anymore

danski

Reaction score
ok so this is a brand new droid 4 days old. i know i seen the disable sync ..auto sync buttons somewhere but cant seem to find it anymore. i know because i disabled them at one point. I read several posts where you go to settings-accounts-and pick your email. If i click gmail all i get is sync contacts-sync gmail-sync calendar- there is no option. It just says touch to sync. I thought there was an area that had a few sync options but for the life of me cannot find it anymore. I purchased and installed beautiful weather,would that remove those options? under data delivery i see background data data roaming data enabled options. i do have the power manager widget also but im 100 percent sure i had an option somewhere to allow or completely disable sync....please help im going nuts looking around this phone. Searched the web several times to no avail..am i crazy?????? lol...thanks Dan

pool_shark

Reaction score
The only way I know of is the sync button on the power control widget, or deselecting the data enabled box under data delivery.

OP
D

danski

Reaction score
thats strange. I could swear i saw turn off all sync somewhere. This is driving me nuts. Might i add this is my first android phone. Coming off really crappy storm. This is definately the best phone i ever owned. I thought it said something like turn off all sync helps improve batery life so thats why im looking for it again,besides the fact i just cant find it is driving me crazy...Thanks for the lightning fast response though.

Could it be im having an acid flashback and there is no such thing?

Really starting to feel that way..lol

Last edited:

Eiji

Reaction score
What you might be thinking of is background data. Go into settings / data manager / then turn off data. It will keep your phone from syncing and it really helps battery life.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

danski

Reaction score
right thank you. so heres my next question. in a vodka state of mind i let my 10 yr old try to install skype mobile and now i would like to uninstall it, however the uninstall button is not able to be selected for some reason. what would happen if i did a factory restore? would i have to re-purchase beautiful weather? would i need to take my phone in to get it working again or would everything just restore and work as normal. i guess i would have my contacts still in gmail right? think i might have installed a few too many free apps in a few short days , but i dont want any complications from a restore so i will live with it if there will be issues. please advise. thanks dan.

ericsbcn

Reaction score
There is a stock Skype app and one that you can install from the Market. You can't uninstall the stock one. I think the stock one is called Skype Mobile and the other one is just called Skype.

You may have tried to uninstall the stock one.

ericsbcn

Reaction score
As for the sync options, I'm with you. I had turned mine off a while ago and now I want to turn it back on. I could have sworn I did that with a setting somewhere.

On my power control widget, I do have the sync icon off. But I thought those icons on the power widget each corresponded to a setting. For example, the wifi icon corresponds to the Wireless and Network settings - Wi-Fi setting.