Can't find 2.2 OTA update after 2.1 sbf

thatisandwas

Reaction score
Hey guys..i was running rubix 1.9 and i decided that i finally want to upgrade my bootloader. still on 30.01. So i went ahead and SBF'd back to 2.1update1 but now when i goto look for updates it says my device is up to date. Even if files were renamed...the sbf shoulda taken care of all that right? I had to do a factory reset after the SBF in order to get out of boot loop like always. Any suggestions?

OP
T

thatisandwas

Reaction score
Is there maybe something that the SBF DOESNT change back that i need to edit before it will take the update?

javeryg

Reaction score
any ideas

im kinda new to the droid x after upgrading from my rock a couple of months ago. Anyways im trying to figure out if and when ill be getting the new update to 2.3.340. Im currently at 2.3.15 . Any input is appreciated thanks.

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Hey guys..i was running rubix 1.9 and i decided that i finally want to upgrade my bootloader. still on 30.01. So i went ahead and SBF'd back to 2.1update1 but now when i goto look for updates it says my device is up to date. Even if files were renamed...the sbf shoulda taken care of all that right? I had to do a factory reset after the SBF in order to get out of boot loop like always. Any suggestions?

I would suggest going to RootZwiki website and downloading the Update for 2.2 (2.3.15). This will update your bootloader. You could update using the SBF but the FULL SBF from my understanding doesn't change the bootloader. Once you are on the 2.3.15 system... you should have no issue getting the latest 2.3.340 update.

ArmyDude

Reaction score
im kinda new to the droid x after upgrading from my rock a couple of months ago. Anyways im trying to figure out if and when ill be getting the new update to 2.3.340. Im currently at 2.3.15 . Any input is appreciated thanks.

I'm not sure if you posted another thread on this, but hijacking someone elses thread is frowned upon. As far as the update goes, that comes out in batches. Mine only just showed up today. It all depends on how Verizon pushes the update out to different regions.