Cannot root, and need help please

median

Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535

I have been trying for weeks now to figure out how to root my GS3. I have watched YouTube videos, checked forum tutorials, etc, etc, etc. I have at least two extremely frustrating problems. 1) My phone will NOT connect to my computer. Every time I try I receive an error that says, "An error occurred during installation, a required section was not found in INF". Perhaps this is my BIGGEST problem. I am using Windows XP pro. Is this problem? 2) Each forum site I go to has developers talking to non-developers as if they are developers. In other words, they start using terminology that I cannot recognize. Thus, I get extremely frustrated, and it seems that every step leads me BACK one more step.

Is there an step-by-step guide on how to root my Galaxy S3? I would like one that has described definitions (IME/EFS Backup?, Terminal Emulator?, ADB?, bootloader/Flash CWM recovery coming from Stock 4.0.4 ICS?, Odin?, bootloader?, flashing?). I am pretty knowledgeable when it comes to computers (as I have built many) but with this stuff I am severely lost.

EDIT: Ok, So it seems Windows XP sucks terribly. I just rooted my phone with my laptop (Windows 7 pro). I am getting rid of this XP crum pc immediately.

Last edited:

WestOkid

Reaction score
This is as straight forward as it gets. If this doesn't work for you then you may want to stay away from rooting for now.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1974114

Also - I get what you're saying about the terminology. Some people even leave out stuff and assume everyone is like them. I see people asking "how do I backup..." Is like clockwork someone will say "Titanium backup." They will not even mention that the software requires root which voids your own warranty.

Good luck