Help! Need ADB driver for Windows XP

labombagrande

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just joined the forum to ask for your help. I've spent the better part of the day searching for an answer for my problem and I'm getting discouraged...

I would like to get started making my own apps and be able to use my Droid Incredible to debug them. I'm running Windows XP SP3, just installed Eclipse, the SDK, and the ADB USB driver.

For who-knows-what reason, the ADB USB driver is not working. When I plug in my phone (debugging mode is turned on) and point the driver installation wizard to the ADB USB driver folder, it can't find it! I've found some code to add to the .inf file for Windows 7, and even some that supposedly should work for XP (see below), but no luck. Could someone please help me? I can't imagine I'm the only developer with XP and a Droid Incredible. Thanks in advance!

Here's the code I added to the .inf, but it doesn't work:
;HTC Incredible
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C9E
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C9E&MI_01

SubMatrix

Reaction score
although i can't help you, let me know what you find out about this. I plan to do some app development myself soon, and I am on XP and have a DInc. Thanks.

OP
L

labombagrande

Reaction score
Well, I didn't get a response here like I was hoping but I did come across some other forums that mentioned that HTC Sync may include drivers that would work for debugging. I connected my phone to the computer and pulled the Sync .exe file off the phone, disconnected the phone, installed Sync, and reconnected, and voila!, Eclipse now recognizes that my phone is attached for debugging. Hope this helps someone else in the future!

jccorbi

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Install HTC Sync and it will install the proper driver during its installation. See

HTC Sync download for Android - Softpedia

Test after install by going to the "tools" directory of the SDK and running DDMS. Your phone should be listed in the left panel. Click on the phone listed and you should be connected. Be sure to turn on USB Debugging in the settings or it won't connect. [applications / development / USB debugging]

Beefy

Reaction score
I joined just to say that jccorbi's solution finally fixed my issue with the incredible.

Thank you!