Can you teather MAXX to LCD TV?

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Sorry I have no idea where to post this, or even if DroidForums is even the right forum to begin with. I do apologize if "teathering" is a forbidden discussion, here.

Basically I had this idea to cancel my Internet service and cable and use my MAXX (which has unlimited data) to receive an internet connection, thus view TV on my LCD TV. My TV is not Internet capable, I don't honestly know if it has a USB connector, but it has HDMI. Really, I don't know anything about Google TV, to be honest, if it's free/paid, what channels are available, if it has any premium services, etc. I also would like to be able to set up some sort of DVR box, as well, possibly home-built.

I would still like access to networks such as CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, Comedy Central, CSPAN, CNN and LMN. I currently have that with my FiOS TV subscription.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If you TV is not internet capable I am pretty sure you just answered your own question. Even if you had a USB port, your TV does not have the internal hardware or software to get it connected to the internet.

I know that Logitech dropped the Revue since it was over priced and got pretty bad reviews, so you can get those pretty cheap now. That is of course if you want to go that route.

However I would say that even if you get this all working right you will run into more problems than solutions. For one unlimited data plans are going away in three days, so if you get a new phone they will make you change your data plan if you use the upgrade price. Also if you plan on tethering for such a long period of time your phone and it's battery are going to get very hot and possibly damaged.

I would advise against this, but this is of course just one man's opinion. I am not of the thought of trying to get something for nothing, if I can't afford it I go without. I can understand trying to save some money, but think you are trying to get too much for free with going for internet and cable TV.

Last edited:

Oldcowboy

Reaction score
If you have HDMI port, you can connect to your Razr Maxx with HDMI to microhdmi cable. With this you can use mirror setting. I have watched Netflix, you tube, and movies I have on sd card.
Hope this helps.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If you have HDMI port, you can connect to your Razr Maxx with HDMI to microhdmi cable. With this you can use mirror setting. I have watched Netflix, you tube, and movies I have on sd card.
Hope this helps.

That is a good suggestion, didn't even think about that one.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It also is awesome for web top mode on ics. The cable is a micro HDMI to HDMI. I bought a 15 footer and use it all the time. You can view YouTube, games, all sorts of stuff on 68 inches of led 3d goodness :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Last edited:

Fonzz

Reaction score
If you TV is not internet capable I am pretty sure you just answered your own question. Even if you had a USB port, your TV does not have the internal hardware or software to get it connected to the internet.

I know that Logitech dropped the Revue since it was over priced and got pretty bad reviews, so you can get those pretty cheap now. That is of course if you want to go that route.

However I would say that even if you get this all working right you will run into more problems than solutions. For one unlimited data plans are going away in three days, so if you get a new phone they will make you change your data plan if you use the upgrade price. Also if you plan on tethering for such a long period of time your phone and it's battery are going to get very hot and possibly damaged.

I would advise against this, but this is of course just one man's opinion. I am not of the thought of trying to get something for nothing, if I can't afford it I go without. I can understand trying to save some money, but think you are trying to get too much for free with going for internet and cable TV.

Just don't get a new phone and keep the unlimited, buy one barely used...

New unlimited plans may be going away but I'm keeping mine. In the near future, data needs are going to be going up, way up...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Just don't get a new phone and keep the unlimited, buy one barely used...

New unlimited plans may be going away but I'm keeping mine. In the near future, data needs are going to be going up, way up...

Yeah my plan is to either pay full retail or find one on CL a little bit after it comes out.