HULU Gets In On The Live TV Action With A $39.99 50 Channel Bundle

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, May 4, 2017.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,234
    [​IMG]

Hulu has been working on a live TV bundle for about a year now and they finally have an open public beta for their live TV offerings. This is an alternative to standard cable. You get 50 channels for $39.99 per month. Networks include ABC, FOX, CBS, CNN and NBC. You will have access to six user profiles and two simultaneous streams. You also get Hulu's massive library of commercial free ondemand videos including Hulu exclusive shows and normal TV shows. The service is currently $5 more expensive then competitors like Youtube TV, PlayStation, and DirecTV Now.

One feature setting Hulu's Live TV apart from other live tv streamers is the ability to upgrade to add more streams. For just $14.99 per month extra you can have unlimited streams inside the home and up to 3 streams outside the home. They have an "Enhanced Cloud DVR Bundle" which is an extra $14.99 and gives you access to 200 hours of DVR recordings with no ads. You can add both plans to your package for just $19.99 saving you $10. You can even add Showtime for $8.99.

There is one major caveat to this service. It does not include any Viacom network channels including Comedy Central, MTV, or Nickelodeon. It is also missing other notable channels like AMC, IFC, Sundance, BBC America, TLC, Discovery OWN, or Investigation Discovery. If you are still interested you can try the service out on Android Mobile Devices, Apple TV, Xbox One, Chromecast, and iOS Mobile devices.

via Hulu

Attached Files:

• hulu.jpg
      hulu.jpg
      File size:
      79.5 KB
      Views:
  2. RETG

RETG Active Member

Ratings:
    +95
    This is a bit lower than 40 bucks that I know pay to Dish and Dish includes HBO. I would love to cut the cord, but it is starting to get as expensive as having the package on Dish that allows me to cut out many stations I would never watch.

3. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,044
    I want to make my own bundle. I don't want 50 channels of crap, I want 5 channels that interest me. Till that will be possible, I'll support Pirate Bay.

4. PereDroid

PereDroid DF News Team Reporter

Ratings:
    +3,900
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    Yea, too many of these OTT "bundles" are just.... cable packages. STILL doing it wrong.

Does this include the current Hulu service I am currently paying for? or is that now a different thing? Or is that going away?

Search tags for this page

is bbc america part of the new hulu live tv package