Can we text message vote?

kcook323

Reaction score
I'm voting for a local school to get a handicapped accessible playground. When I sent my message in, I didn't get a response from them. When I used my husband's phone (EnV3), he got a reply that said, "Thanks for voting". I'm wondering if my message even went through, or do we just not get "canned" messages?

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
May be related or not, but when I had T-Mobile it was not a problem getting confirmation messages from things like that or registration pins from companies like fishtext.com -- I don't get any of this with Verizon (smsdiscount, localphone, etc...). My guess is they are blocking them because of "spam" or something similar.

OP
kcook323

kcook323

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I don't know that it has anything to do with Verizon though, because my husband's phone got the Thank You for voting message on his EnV3. My Droid did not. (We are both on Verizon). I sent it through Handcent. That is prob the only thing I don't like about my Droid is the text messaging. Even when I get those fwd messages, or even slideshows with music from my friends, it doesn't play them correctly. But, overall, I do love my phone for all the other features I can get, and I can still get basic text and pix messages through. :D