Can not send MMS anymore

MrsDebbi

Reaction score
I use handcent and every time I try to send a mms, I just get the processing circle and it never goes through.

And sometimes I get an option to download an incoming mms but when selected, it never comes.

sportadic22

Reaction score
every once and a while i find that problem using handcent...and recieving a picture i end up not being able to see the picture. its just a bubble with nothing in it. when this happens i just simply go back in my apps and open up the original messenging app. and the picture always shows up there for me. not failed yet atleast :p
for sending MMS.. have not had that problem yet.. but you could try sending it thru the original app also..just to try. it may work :/

hope this helps

OP
M

MrsDebbi

Reaction score
I tried that previously and I end up with a red envelope next to the message. I have also tried an uninstall of handcent and tried original alp at that point also, with no luck

OP
M

MrsDebbi

Reaction score
I'm still having the issue. Someone just tried to send me a picture and I got this "Download" button on their text. So I touch the 'download button' and nothing happens - in either the installed messaging app or Handcent.

Any more ideas?

speed4tu

Reaction score
I have been having trouble with handcent all along also. I love the app but it is getting more annoying all the time. Prolly going back to original soon.

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
called verizon today. told them i cant send picture messages and now i was even unable to recieve picture messages.. They told me to do a reset of the phone. I did, and now everything works perfectly! They said they are seeing alot of people calling him from downloading 3rd party Apps, most of these apps are causing the problems we see on the droid according to Verizon. im just happy i can now send pictures again!

OP
M

MrsDebbi

Reaction score
called verizon today. told them i cant send picture messages and now i was even unable to recieve picture messages.. They told me to do a reset of the phone. I did, and now everything works perfectly! They said they are seeing alot of people calling him from downloading 3rd party Apps, most of these apps are causing the problems we see on the droid according to Verizon. im just happy i can now send pictures again!

Reset back to default or just Reboot by pulling the batery?

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
They told me to do a reset of the phone. I did, and now everything works perfectly! now send pictures again!

How do you do that? Reset the phone?

What they told me to do to reset my phone was

Menu (THE MENU is the second icon from the left, at the bottom of your phone.NOT on the screen), setting, privacy, factory data reset.

Once that goes through and the phone reset. It needs reprogrammed. This is done by pressing *228 then choice option 1.

I lost nothing on my phone all my contacts were restored when I logged into my Gmail account !

foodcookguy

Reaction score
no mms messaging

I had the same issue today. I could not receive picture messages from anyone, I never tired to send a mms. I used the droid default messenger and the handcent. I turned off wifi and turned on 3g and was able to get all my mms texts again. It should work also if you leave both on but i like to save my battery.