can not install car home with ud 1.0

eg92b16a2

Reaction score
i rebooted into recovery and wiped cache 3 times and install the update. Everything works fine except I can not reinstall car home. If i go to market and download the app it installs but I can not see the app in the app drawer. I can go into system, applications and see the app is installed and can delete it but I can not use the app from within the app drawer.

I also saw that inside ud settings I can run teh car home built in app but it just stays on the working dialog box and will not install the car home app for me either.

i have reloaded the update file 6 times so far trying different things to get the car home to work but no luck.

Does anybody have a solution.

Other than that this is a really good rom.

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I had this problem too. Not quite sure how I fixed though.
I think maybe I did the following:

-download and installed car home from market
-also installed car home app via setting/ultimate droid/built-in-apps/car home
then that working screen appeared and wouldn't go away.
- then I may have rebooted phone.

I now have car home though with customizable tabs/icons.

Note: I do have 2 car homes showing up under installed apps. Only 1 in the app drawer though.

Hopefully someone else will be of more help.

segdoh49

Reaction score
I say screw car home ....there is a much better app in the market called 'car dock'.
I use it while on my Harley because the screen is much easier to manipulate. You should give it a try....It's called Car Dock v2 by Ig88 it has four screens that you can load all your travel apps on or any application as far as that goes...try it out I'm sure you'll like it.