Can I turn off the screen blackout when you hold it?

y2kgtp

Reaction score
As in, when you hold it to your head, the screen blacks out? got my wife a case for the
Droid, but it is covering a sensor in the upper left of the phone that detects if you are holding it against your head.

So when you answer or make a call, it blanks the screen, and you have to slide it open to see the screen to hang up.

Hypnotic

Reaction score
Don't really understand what your asking, but it does do that when you hold it to your head.

The weird thing is if the case is designed for the droid it really shouldn't do that.

Design failure if so.

Last edited:
OP
Y

y2kgtp

Reaction score
If you make a call, and put the top cover on, it blanks out the screen, as if it was next to your head. The sensor is somewhere near the top left of the phone, but I just can't see it like you can see the top right green LED when not on.

she likes the case, just annoying when you make a call that you have to slide the phone open to get the screen to light up again.

Hypnotic

Reaction score
Yea the case shouldn't be doing that :\ that is really silly if the case is made that way, but if its bothering you a lot I would suggest to just go out and buy another case. And this is my thoughts on it, but I believe the sensor is in the top left (like you said) of the phone you have to lean it into the light a bit and you can see a lot of sensors on the droid.

OP
Y

y2kgtp

Reaction score
Yea the case shouldn't be doing that :\ that is really silly if the case is made that way, but if its bothering you a lot I would suggest to just go out and buy another case. And this is my thoughts on it, but I believe the sensor is in the top left (like you said) of the phone you have to lean it into the light a bit and you can see a lot of sensors on the droid.

yeah, now I notice the 2 sensors.....I guess I'll get the drill out for the case :icon_ banana: