Can I revert back to ICS from JB?

soccerdj025

Reaction score
I'm sure it's been discussed, but I can't find anything on this forum about reverting back to ICS. Is it possible? I want Foxfi back and am willing to downgrade to ICS to get it. any suggestions?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Yes if you are on Verizon there is a utility to do this or the fast boot files. Check XDA in the development section, can't get the links handy right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
S

soccerdj025

Reaction score
Anyone able to provide links or instructions for how to do this? I'm not very tech savvy.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=33610625 DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10 [Windows]

Make sure Motorola drivers are installed (get them from their website) make sure phone has USB Debugging enabled and follow on screen instructions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Gleason81

Reaction score
I'm sure it's been discussed, but I can't find anything on this forum about reverting back to ICS. Is it possible? I want Foxfi back and am willing to downgrade to ICS to get it. any suggestions?

Why would you want to?

swharshbar

Reaction score
I want FoxFi back too, but I'm going to be patient. I'm sure Foxfi will do an update that should resolve the issue. This isn't the first new OS that's been dealt with.

I'm gonna be patient for a while.

RaveD

Reaction score
FYI if you have root access there is another way to get WiFi tether using the built-in mobile hotspot without getting ripped off by Verizon. Search for SQLite.

As of now you still have to revert to ICS to get root, but once you do, you can upgrade to JB and keep root.

clintro

Reaction score
This is the best method. roll back to ICS...(you will lose all your saved data, it will reset it to exactly how it came out of the box) root, then unroot run thru the updates... from verizon (i think like 2 or 3 IIRC). Then reroot after you get jellybean back. Then you can run the SQLite hack to get hotspot running. (Google is your friend)

Matt's utility is great!!

DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10 [Windows] - xda-developers