Can i delete pre downloaded words from my user dictionary?

riosj89

Reaction score
I have some really annoying words that like to pop up a lot by mistake when i text. They make no sense and they aren't words that I added to my user dictionary and they are not present when i check the user dictionary. Is there anyway to make my phone forget words that it was already programed with?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good question .. I would like to know also!
Betting it's going to require root..

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

SallyC

Reaction score
You're not talking about words in the User Dictionary (Settings>Language & Keyboard>User dictionary), right? If you are talking about auto suggested words and are using a non-stock keyboard app, have you looked in the Settings>Language & Keyboard area and selected the keyboard app (e.g. Swipe) and editing the user dictionary there?

If you are asking about removing words from the actual stock dictionary Android uses, I don't think that's possible.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
SallyC said:
If you are asking about removing words from the actual stock dictionary Android uses, I don't think that's possible.

I believe that is the question, atleast that's what I was wondering about....

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

tannins

Reaction score
It's in there somewhere. I've done it and now can't find it again.
There's a slight chance I had done it on my old droid, but I really think you can remove words from the suggested words.

I keep getting Yeh when I type the. What the heck is Yeh?

BaSHa

Reaction score
TBH I would LOVE to remove the lower case "i" from the dictionary! Why in the world auto suggest insists that " I " should be " i " is beyond me!

211SSW

Reaction score
It's in there somewhere. I've done it and now can't find it again.
There's a slight chance I had done it on my old droid, but I really think you can remove words from the suggested words.

I keep getting Yeh when I type the. What the heck is Yeh?

I go Settings, Language & input, since I use "Big Buttons Keyboard Deluxe" (because my fingers were too fat for regular keyboard), press gear on right of my keyboard which opens a miriad of options. At the end, under category called Word Prediction, "Learning Dictionary" is the place where annoying predictions can be deleted, edited, or fix any issue to do with strange expectations seen while texting.
In case anyone has interest about "fat fingers", my solution was found under Themes & "Easy to Read #1 makes all the difference. White on black or reverse also is fairly good.
I hope this helps. In DroidForum, I'm ssw211 if you have questions.

Sent by Sandra from my iPad using Forum Runner

Last edited: