Can Anyone Send Me a Link or Give me the Original Droid X Keyboard Please??

baboulou

Reaction score
Can anyone please send me a link or .apk file of the original Motorola Droid X keyboard because I like it wayyy better than the Gingerbread keyboard..
Thanks in Advance

CD95YJ

Reaction score
You don't need to install a file. Go to your terminal emulator and do the following:

Type su - hit return, this will give you superuser access. To make sure you have it the symbol in the emulator will change from $ to #

Next type keyboard and hit return - this will bring up the 3 keyboard commands. Pick the one you want (gingerbread, white, or black)

If I remember the white and black keyboards were -wmt and -bmt so to change you would type in the terminal

Keyboard -bmt (black keyboard)
or
Keyboard -wmt (white keyboard)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

CD95YJ

Reaction score
He made the ROM so you could switch between the three keyboards using the emulator in case you didn't like one.

OP
B

baboulou

Reaction score
but it still doesnt look like da 2.3.15 all white keyboard bcuz da -bmt & -wmt look alike

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Its a little different than the stock one, but I like the black keyboard so much better than the gingerbread one. Its easier to use imo.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I would send fabulous a pm and see if installing a stock .zip of the keyboard would be supported by his app. Wouldn't want to put you into bootloops. I don't have the file cuz quite frankly I like the black keyboards but I'm sure someone does. Again make sure it will work with apex before installing.

OP
B

baboulou

Reaction score
Thank u so much, let me know what his response is about installing a stock keyboard

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I can send him a pm if you would like, but it might be easier if you sent him one.

OP
B

baboulou

Reaction score
Can u send him a om for me, and i will send him a pm too just in case if he does not reply to one of ours

OP
B

baboulou

Reaction score
Can u send him a pm please and i will send him a pm too, just incase if he does not reply to one of ours

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Done, now remember I don't have the keyboard file so I can only tell you if it will be possible to install it over apex.