Can anyone answer calls when music plays?

slinky

Reaction score
I'm having a devil of a time using my Droid as a music player and phone for workouts. Too often I'm trying to answer a call while the music is playing and it seems like it's too taxing on the phone to make a stop and quick handoff to the phone app. Sometime I'll also get that "wait - force quit" dialog box too.

BavarianBuilt

Reaction score
Mine goes from music player to phone pretty easily. It pauses the music, prompts me of my call, and after the call is over it returns to the music.

rkcoll1

Reaction score
Mine goes from music player to phone pretty easily. It pauses the music, prompts me of my call, and after the call is over it returns to the music.

Mine works well also.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

peterjariel

Reaction score

Same here, all good. For the op, mabe you might want to do a system data reset.

eliassami5

Reaction score
are you running a home replacement app or anything like that? something might be slowing down your phone making it harder for the os to switch between different apps. Mine works just fine

OP
slinky

slinky

Reaction score
No, not running any launcher.

I've been having a lot of problems lately and I'm narrowing a couple of things down to these - wondering if you guys experience the same:

I love K-9 email and use it on 5 email accounts and use Google with 2 for gmail. When the phone fetches data or stores (I have a phone log sync with my Google Calendar), it seems like the phone just locks up and is too taxed by this type of usage when calls come in. The iPhone worked (AT&T does dual voice and data) but even my Verizon Blackberry was ROCK solid when it came time to accepting a call during a data fetch (and aborting) or switching directly to the call while I was listening to music. I'm wondering if the process of K-9 or any Internet connection could be playing with the reaction time of the phone app.

Yeah, I hate to beat a dead horse on this one but Google really dropped the ball, IMHO, when it came time to making sure the phone app takes priority over everything else. Now I'm just trying to find ways to deal with it because I've only had these lag problems on this phone.

On a side note, I've also noticed that some of my home screen icons disappearing also seems to happen after an Internet connection. Happens way too often.

And last but not least, too many times I'm finding that my phone will reboot after being taken out of the Seidio docking station. Yes, I have an innocase and it fits perfectly but frequently the phone will just reboot after I pull it out (and no, it is not connected and mounted to the USB.)