camera zoom fx

rumblee1

Reaction score
Since the note 2 has a high quality camera, does camera zoom fx add any quality?

pool_shark

Reaction score
I used camera zoom on my Nexus, but I don't see the need for it on the Note.
Try it and see if you gain anything from it.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I've never found other cameras better than stock.. But I'm sure others will chime in..

⚡Take Note2 BK's here.. ⚡

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I have a Maxx not a Note II but I really like ICS+. It's not any sharper but faster. Decide for your self by taking the same pic in the same light with each app and compare. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

srvctec

Reaction score
I bought Camera Zoom FX about a year ago and used it on my DX2. I have it installed on my Note II mainly because of the option to tap anywhere on the screen to take the pic- I don't have to worry about missing a shot because I missed the shutter button.

Sent from my Samsung GT 2 7.0 using Tapatalk 2.

OP
R

rumblee1

Reaction score
Ok, I did my test. First let me say that I went from an O D, to a droid X, then bionic, now to the note 2. With the moto phones, I always used camera zoom fx and it did improve pics dramatically because of motos poor cameras. But on my note 2, pics are near perfect without and no notice of improvement with fx. So I'm staying stock. After so many years of stubbornly sticking with Motorola, I'll never go back. Samsung really listens to what it's customers want. The note 2 is my first samsung phone. It's unbelievable. Great build quality, incredible battery life(I'm averaging 17 hours+ a day with moderate to heavy use), excellent shooter of stills and video, and, of course incredible speed. It just does everything right.

MacLeod

Reaction score
I use Camera FV-5 because it has lots of cool features like long exposure times and things. If I want to get creative I'll use it but I have the stock camera ser to run as default and it's on my shortcut bar because it's faster and easier and it will switch to the video camera where FV-5 won't.

So you won't take better pictures in Auto but the apps like FV-5 give you more options and features so you have more potential for better pics.

OP
R

rumblee1

Reaction score
I'm very happy with the stock galaxy note 2 camera. I see why samsung cameras are rated some of the best. Is it worth adding camera zoom fx? Has anyone tried it? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I used it for a while on my Droid x after vignette stopped working.
I have not had a reason to use it on the Note 2.

Last edited:

ajcscan

Reaction score
I think it has blown my note 2 stock camera away!

Sent from my SCH-I605

xtor

Reaction score
I'm very happy with the stock galaxy note 2 camera. I see why samsung cameras are rated some of the best. Is it worth adding camera zoom fx? Has anyone tried it? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Awhile back they had a download for the s4 camera apk, it blows the note 2 camera away, it does 360 photos and panoramic, and there's not alot of clutter on the screen when taking pics. And it recognizes where face are.

sent from a note yee (2)

pool_shark

Reaction score
I had photosphere on my Nexus and I have it on my note 2.
Yes it's fun for a while, but the stock camera has features that the 4.2 and 4.3 cameras don't as well.

The one thing I like about the 4.2 and 4.3 camera is the 10x zoom, but it lacks the various effects, scenes, and shooting modes.

OP
R

rumblee1

Reaction score
Any note 2 owners using this app? Does it improve the note 2 's camera

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes I use it sometimes.
Yes and no.
It's slower loading initially and the burst mode takes longer to save but zoomed shots turn out better and regular shots have bigger file sizes for better prints at larger than 4x6.
The stock camera saves burst shots on the phone memory for quicker saves whereas CZ saves them to the default folder, in my case being the class 10 SD card.
Camera Zoom has more and better, imo, tweakability for a better shot but for on the fly quick shots I stick with the stock camera. One huge advantage for me is CZ makes much better "best picture " files because of the HD capability.
That being said if I need a lot of choices for best shot I shoot a video and use Frame Grabber to make stills because it'll make stills up to the number frames per second. I think the Note2 does 24fps so that gives me 24 choices per second of video.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)