Camera recording has no audio Liberty 3

Masx

Reaction score
Anyone have this problem? Everything else seems to be working fine but when I record video there is no audio during playback. The mute button isn't toggled on so I have no idea what's going . Update: I have noticed it shows an Play Button Icon with HDMI when I do video. Is that the problem and if so how do I disable that? It also seems to kill my audible dial tones when I try to record till I pull the battery.

gibson99

Reaction score
Anyone have this problem? Everything else seems to be working fine but when I record video there is no audio during playback. The mute button isn't toggled on so I have no idea what's going . Update: I have noticed it shows an Play Button Icon with HDMI when I do video. Is that the problem and if so how do I disable that? It also seems to kill my audible dial tones when I try to record till I pull the battery.

I just installed liberty on my d2 last weekend and so far this is my only issue. It's not just videos i have recorded since i flashed it w/ liberty, but also older videos i already had on my sd card, and some i've copied from my pc that all have audio. I havent tried copying the newly recorded videos to the pc yet but i bet theyre fine. I have tried the media player included with es file manager and it has no audio either. I also noticed the play hdmi button in the upper left, which is odd since the d2 doesnt have hdmi. The dx2 does, right? Maybe that's the problem?

I will admit this is the first time ive used a custom rom, but the install couldnt have been much easier - theres almost no room for error. And compared to the stuff i deal with daily at work, this install was a cake walk. So props to the folks who put together the documentation!

sikbrik

Reaction score
I also have no audio on new or pre-existing video. I'm sure this is common to all of us.

gibson99

Reaction score
I also have no audio on new or pre-existing video. I'm sure this is common to all of us.

i found the solution in the liberty bug thread a little further down. here's the fix:

settings - liberty settings - customization - liberty customizer - gallery

uncheck Blur Gallery. if it unchecks AOSP gallery (and you want AOSP), re-check it. click apply, allow it to install if prompted. reboot.

all my videos have sound again, including ones recorded while it was misbehaving.