Camera panorama mode?

jamsesh

Reaction score
I've tried several times to take a panorama shot with my new droid, but I can't seem to get it to work...

Here is what I do:
1) Load up camera app
2) Select panorama mode
3) Take first picture, the screen instructs me to "move to take next shot."
4) I move (a white box traces the first shot), and the screen blinks and again says "move to take next shot."
5) After the third shot, the tracing white box goes away and I'm left with a white "stop" button in place of the shutter button. I push the stop button and the phone takes a single picture of whatever I'm looking at at that moment! The other images taken during the panorama shot just disappear :(

Have you gotten panorama mode to work? Any suggestions?

dmg

Reaction score
just tried to use it and it worked fine for me.
I loaded it up and it showed a white box prompting me to move around.I moved to the next area of the room, waited for the box to flash green, moved on and then it flashed green one more time and i held it there and it took and finished the panorama itself.
So try again and wait for the border to flash green?

socalsx

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Worked one day. The next it didn't.. try a reboot

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
I've used it alot.. even got the moon rising and sunset all in one shot... but it is a picky little bugger... works about 30/40% of the time... but when it does work.. it takes up to 6 shots and comes out real nice.. had people actually call me a liar on Facebook sayin there's no way I did that with a phone... the low light sensitivity on this D3 is great.

OP
J

jamsesh

Reaction score
Thanks for all your input! I tried a reboot and kept trying and trying while making sure to wait for the box to flash green. My droid would say "stitching captures" but then no picture would pop up. After your comments about it being picky, I just kept trying and succeeded with my last 2 shots, out of about 8 attempts. Maybe I'm learning how to hold it delicately enough to grab the photos it likes.

Appreciate the help

spottedcatfish

Reaction score
I just played with this today and honestly had no problems with it being picky at all. I took 3 in quick succession and it worked great. I'm attaching the best one here. Maybe its a matter of the phone being able to easily distinguish the scene?

This is from the top of Pompey's Pillar, bright light, clear features, might be easy mode for the phone's brain. =P

TyrantII

Reaction score
I just played with this today and honestly had no problems with it being picky at all. I took 3 in quick succession and it worked great. I'm attaching the best one here. Maybe its a matter of the phone being able to easily distinguish the scene?

This is from the top of Pompey's Pillar, bright light, clear features, might be easy mode for the phone's brain. =P

Its. So. Blue.....

:icon_eek:

;)

Looks good to me, they just need to fix the WB issue. Looking at my old OG Droid pics, that camera also seems to have a issue with overtly cool WB, but nothing like this phone.