Camera Issues

Angelo1369

Reaction score
I'm new to droid. This is my second droid 2 in the last 72 hours. The first one had a camera that would never focus. I took it back and verizon swaped it out for me no problem. The camera on the new phone they gave me worked the first time I used it, and never since. When I turn on the camera, it shows the image and then instantly freezes, or I just get a black screen. Is there a software update for the camera? or did I get two bad phones in a row?

Reaction score
When I first had my phone I had the same problem and idk after taking some pics every now and again for a few weeks it just stopped. I haven't had any troubles with it anymore.. idk it was weird

Delivered to you by my Liberated D2

OP
A

Angelo1369

Reaction score
I did a soft reset and a hard reset on the phone. After that the camera took about 6 pictures flawlessly, now its back to its old tricks.

OP
A

Angelo1369

Reaction score
Just took some more pics, it seems the more I try and use the camera the better it works. I'm just going to keep playing with it. If the phone is still giving me problems by next week, I will pay another visit to the Verizon Store.

Reaction score
Hey, how's your phone working? I was reading some old topics and remembered some maybe important stuff... my camera also did this thing after I took a pic it would say I saved it but it wouldn't show up in my gallery for a long time, even days... idk but that stopped around the same time my camera kept blacking out. Also I think my problems stopped after I got rid of my task killer, but I'm not a 100% sure. Do you have a task killer? If so uninstall it and use your phone normal for a couple of days... rebooting like once a day(leaving it powered down for 60 seconds) idk just stuff I thought I should throw out there, good luck I hoped this helped

Delivered to you by my Liberated D2

BMoto

Reaction score
Don't wait over 14 days you will then be getting refurbished phones instead of brand new just to note*

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't wait over 14 days you will then be getting refurbished phones instead of brand new just to note*

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

and they will keep giving them to you. I have had 9 to date...all unrooted. Rooted that last one that arrived and realized that I may never have to send my phone to VZW again. Most if the issues I had were fixable through the software....but unrooted you don't have the option to fix some of them. By rooting I was able to flash other ROM's which provided more flexibility to repair issues.

Carla-in-FL

Reaction score
I hate my Droid 2. camera sucks so bad, takes grainy pics and if there is any sunlight, washes out the photo. Also the freezing up prob - not for this thread, but DAMN. Can't answer phone sometimes. Oh, just pull the bat out and reboot. And miss an important business call. I want a Droid X now can't afford it.

Was okay for about 2 months - then the pic problem started, then the freezing up. I'm so mad. Researched and thought I was getting the best phone for me. I've seen other peoples Droid Xs. I want that, not this.