Camera failed

Reaction score
My phone is rooted and I am currently running cyanogenMod. For some reason my camera works fine on cyanogenMod and AOKP. Anytime I try to go back to the custom Firmware and try to open my camera app I get a "camera failed" error message. Also the flashlight apps will not work. I don't mind using the custom roms but I like alot of the stock features. Any ideas?

msu

Reaction score
I just switched phones. (fixed a digitizer) Got the phone all back together and and then rooted and unlocked. Still on stock rom! Put all my back up stuff back on only to find out that I too am having the same issue now.:frown: To me it seems like a software issue. It worked before the digitizer got busted. I guess I'm going to try and revert back to stock to see if that works. I also tore it back part to make sure everything was connected correctly.

OP
indywrenchin76
Reaction score
I just switched phones. (fixed a digitizer) Got the phone all back together and and then rooted and unlocked. Still on stock rom! Put all my back up stuff back on only to find out that I too am having the same issue now.:frown: To me it seems like a software issue. It worked before the digitizer got busted. I guess I'm going to try and revert back to stock to see if that works. I also tore it back part to make sure everything was connected correctly.

I recently flashed the Jellybeans rom which is really cool and no camera issues. I guess I'll stay on this rom until the 4.3 update is available and rootable and hope that the camera works then. I do believe it is a software issue.