Camera Button

HerroMoto

Reaction score
What do you guys think about Motorola starting to remove the shutter buttons off their phones now? The Droid X2 doesn't have it anymore, and if you looked at the leaked vids of the Droid 3 there were no Camera buttons.

IMO I really liked the camera button, it felt easier to use than the touchscreen one and it made it feel like I'm using an actually camera. Can't wait for this phone.

Btw, a little off subject but has anyone confirmed if the bootloader will be locked on this device?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I thought I preferred a physical camera button. I loved that on my Droid X until I figured out that it was responsible for creating additional blur in shots that were taken in less than optimal lighting conditions. The button was poorly made, and required too much force to press, which resulted in the camera moving slightly. That, coupled with the poor camera quality on the X (in less than great lighting situations), made a lot of pictures blurry. After I made the switch to using the on screen button, I never had any more problems with it.

So I like the physical button in theory, but it has to be a well-made one, and there are very few phones that have one that is well-made. I'm perfectly fine with the Droid 3 not having one.

warped1987

Reaction score
I am kinda pissed that it's not going to have one, I like to know if my photos are actually focused when I take them, and with just the on screen capture button it just takes them, regardless if they are focused or not, so that was one of my first issues with the phone, still plan on doing everything I can to afford the phone when it comes out though, since I just got a D2G in December. I am planning on selling it to a local store here, or maybe even BestBuy if they can give me some good money, and buying the D3 full retail if I have too

MrC1122

Reaction score
with all the other goodies this puppy is gonna have, the lack of a camera button, 4g and a locked bootloader is not a deal breaker. someone will eventually find a way around the boot just like on all the other locked devices.

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
I thought I preferred a physical camera button. I loved that on my Droid X until I figured out that it was responsible for creating additional blur in shots that were taken in less than optimal lighting conditions. The button was poorly made, and required too much force to press, which resulted in the camera moving slightly. That, coupled with the poor camera quality on the X (in less than great lighting situations), made a lot of pictures blurry.

This.
I think they can make phones with a relatively good camera button. Hell they've been doing it for years, but it just seems like they skipped over the quality of that with the X. I can't stand using my button unless its in CWRecovery or getting into bootloader. But maybe with a touchscreen button things will get better? We can only hope :/

Sent from my Liberated DROIDX

Ellectronico

Reaction score
I am kinda pissed that it's not going to have one, I like to know if my photos are actually focused when I take them, and with just the on screen capture button it just takes them, regardless if they are focused or not, so that was one of my first issues with the phone, still plan on doing everything I can to afford the phone when it comes out though, since I just got a D2G in December. I am planning on selling it to a local store here, or maybe even BestBuy if they can give me some good money, and buying the D3 full retail if I have too

I think you can hold your finger on the onscreen camera button and it will focus. then when you are ready to take the picture you can remove your finger and it will take the picture.

I still like the physical button though

warped1987

Reaction score

I think you can hold your finger on the onscreen camera button and it will focus. then when you are ready to take the picture you can remove your finger and it will take the picture.

I still like the physical button though

That would make sense as the best possible option, but I still forsee it being a big problem