Call Prefix Modifications ???

windex

Reaction score
Coming from Windows Mobile..... I had an app that would add a *67 to every call I placed when the number wasn't in my contacts list.

Is there a program that'll do this for the 'droid? I really miss this feature.... I use my phone at work quite a bit and do not want my clients to get my personal cell phone number...... I'd just block all caller ID, however my friends and family typically don't answer blocked numbers.

With as many apps for the droid that are out there, there's gotta be something like this.... I just can't seem to find it.

barryp3403

Reaction score
Your way sounds better than my work-around if available

Coming from Windows Mobile..... I had an app that would add a *67 to every call I placed when the number wasn't in my contacts list.

Is there a program that'll do this for the 'droid? I really miss this feature....

What a great idea for an app. I also use my phone for many calls where I don't want caller ID info sent out. I have the default set to not send this out then list all my contacts with *82 and my cell phone contacts twice, once with *82 for calls and with the suffix M after the name and without the *82 for messages. If there were a program that automatically adds *67 to all non-contacts instead that would probably be better.

OP
W

windex

Reaction score
well, after looking into how much programming has changed since the past 10 years I dabbed in it.... I don't think this is something I can bite off.

Another thing that would be a "nice to have" along with the original idea is to have a group of contacts (IE "blocked calls") as a contacts group that blocks caller ID to as well......

anyone feel like trying this project? :reddroid:

OP
W

windex

Reaction score
Bump... I'm sure if someone wanted to cook this up, it would make some money as a paid app.....

Hell, I'll throw $30 towards anyone as motivation to get it going..... would make more once it got out there!

luismanson

Reaction score
Here you go, this is from a MilestoneDump, but im not sure how it works S:

Attachments

• EasyPrefix.apk.zip
    40.4 KB · Views: 230
OP
W

windex

Reaction score

I'm a bit hesitant to install this software.... I googled "easyprefix" "easy prefix" however came up with 0 relevant results. It's really quite impressive when i can come up with a search term that gets 0 results..... makes me wonder.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation with my personal phone and work. I just have Google Voice set up to ask me if I want to use it for all outgoing calls. Since I don't make calls very often its no hassle. When I call a business related contact I use my GV number. That way if someone gets ahold of my GV number and spams me, I can just block em!

luismanson

Reaction score

I'm a bit hesitant to install this software.... I googled "easyprefix" "easy prefix" however came up with 0 relevant results. It's really quite impressive when i can come up with a search term that gets 0 results..... makes me wonder.

Its ok, feel free to find a Milestone dump and get it from there :)

OP
W

windex

Reaction score

Its ok, feel free to find a Milestone dump and get it from there :)

Unzipped your attached file, there is no APK inside.

luismanson

Reaction score
im an idio* its just an apk with.zip subfix added, as the forum wont allow apk uploadings!

OP
W

windex

Reaction score
im an idio* its just an apk with.zip subfix added, as the forum wont allow apk uploadings!

"application not installed" when attempting through app manager.

Denied..... :mad:

luismanson

Reaction score
maybe if you move it to /system/app ? not sure about that but if you are good with shell and recovery it wont be hard to recover

OP
W

windex

Reaction score
maybe if you move it to /system/app ? not sure about that but if you are good with shell and recovery it wont be hard to recover

Yeah.... moving it isn't working. :angry: