Call Confirm -- (almost) never accidentally call someone again.

rjax

Reaction score
So the great thing about a capacitive touch screen is how the lightest touch is registered.

But that can also be a problem if you accidentally brush over the green phone direct call icon while browsing contacts or whatever.

I just came across this app Call Confirm - Android app on AppBrain that asks you to confirm that you really want to place a call before the call is placed.

I haven't played with it too much, but since there's been a couple times I've accidentally dialed someone I didn't want to, I'm glad to have found this app.

MdicnMan

Reaction score
This is my new favorite must have app. NICE dancedroid

This is a feature that should be an option on the stock dialer. (are you listening Google?)

brochaos

Reaction score
sounds helpful. gonna try it out. see this is where the blackberry storm was trying to improve things, by being able to select something without activating it.

OP
R

rjax

Reaction score
If Google had just decided a single tap would act like a mouseover, and a double-tap would be like actually clicking the mouse button, that would have worked, too. But oh well.

One addition I'd like to see to the call confirm app is a timer like Ring Guard has -- If you don't select an option within a certain amount of time, no phone call is made...

jossecarr

Reaction score
The apps you have provided is kinda helpful. It would lessen the possibilities of making wrong calls. dancedroid

HyBReD

Reaction score
Heh this is why I haven't chosen a default action for calls between Google Voice and normal.

OP
R

rjax

Reaction score
Heh this is why I haven't chosen a default action for calls between Google Voice and normal.

That's a good workaround, wish I had thought of that in the time before I found this app.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I agree, I would have loved this app before I got google voice, but now before I make a call it asks me if I want to use google or verizon, so acts kinda like a verifier..

OP
R

rjax

Reaction score
I'm hoping the dev continues to update the app to make it better than the workaround though. (Like the countdown thing, or maybe an extra feature that returns you from home if the countdown counts all the down, just in case you forgot to lock it before putting it in your pocket.)

It already is better for at least one thing -- I can long-press my bluetooth headset call button to call the last number dialed, which can be useful from time to time. If my Droid's in my pocket, the workaround would require me to take it out of my pocket to select what I want to use.

With this app, you can set the call confirm to be disabled with a bluetooth connection, so I could place the call without ever removing my Droid from my pocket.